New job help

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Pens4Stanley, Nov 11, 2022.

1. NewWorldTrucker

NewWorldTrucker Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2022
    For Industry | Transportation Security Administration

I just did my TWIC and Hazmat. Use the link above. Choose Hazmat and TWIC under “Surface”. Pre-enroll. It’s good for 120 days. They will tell you where to go give your fingerprints and documents.

For TWIC, it’s as simple as just going and giving your fingerprints/documents then waiting to be cleared by the TSA.

For Hazmat, you will have to do the same as with TWIC, but then you will need to take an additional ELDT Hazmat course, before the DMV will let you take the Hazmat endorsement test. You can’t get the endorsement until the TSA has cleared you. While there, get your doubles/triples if you don’t have them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pens4Stanley

Pens4Stanley Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2022
    I remember taking the hazmat course at the college I had went to. If it’s the same thing you are speaking of?

hope not dumb twucker Thanks this.
  4. NewWorldTrucker

NewWorldTrucker Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2022
    Verify with your CDL school. If so, you should have received two certificates. One should specifically mention Hazmat training. My school taught us about Hazmat, but I guess it wasn’t an official Hazmat course. It was just a standard ELDT course. I think you can look up what has been submitted on the FMCSA website.

If you have to take the Hazmat course it’s not a big deal. You can take them online (make sure it’s a ELDT approved course/school) for like $25-80. Takes about 2-3 hours to finish the course if you already know your stuff.

hope not dumb twucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.