"New" Maint schedule......again...

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Sad_Panda, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Chewbongka

Chewbongka Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I don't know, but I would guess the A service is an idiot proof maintenance doublecheck to make sure the drivers are keeping up with air in the tires and making sure the fluids are topped off.
    Technically we are supposed to get the truck and trailer inspected for all that stuff every time we stop at a terminal if the shop is open but sometimes there is no time to do that if the shop is busy and you have to keep rolling. The B service is the more important one that needs to be done to make the manufacturer happy and cannot be missed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    With Knight
    Old Maint
    A Service - 15k Miles = Grease fittings check truck of issues
    B Service - 30k Miles = Oil change and Grease fittings and any other crap the driver has written up.

New Maint
    10k Miles - Road ready, Make sure the truck is legal and the Driver have any "Unreported" damage
    20k Miles - Grease fittings, check truck make sure is legal check for "Unreported" damage
    30k Miles - Road ready, same as last road ready
    40k Miles - Oil change and lube Grease fittings check truck for "Unreported" damage, fix driver remarks

The whole reason Knight changed it was to save a little cash on the oil side but also to catch drivers with "Unreported" damage, right now Knight has a huge problem with tlrs and truck getting tore up.. The problem is of there own doing as soon as they started hiring the CR England drop out's

4. Chewbongka

Chewbongka Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Ah thanks that goes into more detail than what I was told.
    Personally most of the trailers I've dropped and hooked have been in good shape minus where a forklift dinged the insides. I've only seen one get an OOS so far because of a cracked housing for the electric hook up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.