New Maverick Driver

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Erich, May 21, 2010.

1. Erich

Erich Bobtail Member

May 11, 2010
    Murphy, NC
    OK so I was looking at Mavericks website today and I came across something on their application. There is a list under position applied for which includes: US, Regional Atlantic Coast, Regional Southeast, Regional Southwest, Regional Steel Belt, Long Haul, and Specialized. Now I assume that this designates the "areas" you will be mostly working in. I know I was asked which I wanted long haul or regional (can't remember which regional it was). I told the recruiter regional. Now am I right in my assumptions that this designates your location? I was also wondering if I could later switch to long haul or be considered long haul from time to time? It is just me, no family so home time isn't an issue for me. Just had another thought. Is there any difference in long haul and regional as far as mileage goes?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    No difference in mileage whatsoever...long haul guys stay out 2 weeks at a time, versus regional guys home most weekends for a restart.

4. GLADHESGONE

GLADHESGONE Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2009
    CHUCKEY,TN
  5. Erich

Erich Bobtail Member

May 11, 2010
    Murphy, NC
    Well just to let everyone know I got moved to June 6th for my orientation. So I guess I'll have to keep you guys waiting another week before you get to hear about what happens to me at Maverick.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.