Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Michaelg77, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Michaelg77

Michaelg77 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Florence, Al
    Greetings all. Please accept my apologies in advance. I wanted to introduce myself and looked for a welcome thread but was unable to find one. If there is one and I missed it to post my introduction, I apologize. My name is Mike. I have visited this site numerous times to see what everyone is talking about. There is a lot of information in these threads. I am new to the trucking industry. I am not actually on the road yet, but will soon be. I will be going to train with Roehl through their program to get my CDL. I am excited about the career change and scared at the same time. I would love to hear any advise and/or info anyone would like to share. Thank you for allowing me to join and I hope to learn a lot from all of you future "brothers and sisters".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    You're in the right spot to introduce yourself. Welcome to the forum.

Michaelg77 Thanks this.
  4. Michaelg77

Feb 5, 2017
    Florence, Al
    Thank you. I meant to ask earlier but slipped my mind. Is there a mobile app for this forum or one in the works?

5. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    There was at one time, but not any more. You can, however, create a shortcut on your phone's home screen that will automatically open the forum for you.

Michaelg77 Thanks this.
  6. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Tapatalk used to link to her but for some reason when the forum updated last year Tapatalk stopped working. I just created a bookmark in my Google chrome browser. Soon as I open it up it goes straight to my bookmarks and I hit it.

Michaelg77 Thanks this.
  7. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Welcome. Try not to get discouraged with the process of starting out. Remember that this is a life in a way (really shows if you are OTR). But do a little time, make good choices and it can be rewarding. Look forward to hearing your story.

As for the app.... the ones with the knowledge made a change about 2 years ago. Maybe less? Anyhow I'm pretty sure it was a $ issue. Really don't matter, lots of great info here and you can use it mobile very well. If you have notifications on, try opening the page from the email you get for me quoting you. Best of luck!

Michaelg77 Thanks this.
  8. Michaelg77

Feb 5, 2017
    Florence, Al
    Yes, I already bookmarked it in my phone. I really love this forum and I am going to suggest this to my wife. With all of the support for truckers, I am sure there will be equal support the new trucker's spouse as well. :)

JReding Thanks this.
  9. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    There is a spouse section. Guys tend to be chased off from there

Michaelg77 Thanks this.
  10. Michaelg77

Feb 5, 2017
    Florence, Al
    That is great. Thank you for the info and I will most definitely suggest it to her. :)

11. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I suggested my wife come here and post with the wives, she refused to, says she's fine with her friends on Facebook

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.