New/Orientation Upcoming

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by geaux34, Apr 30, 2022.

1. geaux34

geaux34 Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2022
    Hey guys! Brand new to the industry. I’ll have my CDL in a couple of weeks and then off to orientation for the company I’ve chosen. Thinking about doing flatbed over dry van to start. Harder work but better pay from what I’ve read. Would just like some insight from you guys with experience. Also any tips for a newbie would be much appreciated! Thanks! Excited for a new life on the road!

JSanborn103 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JSanborn103

JSanborn103 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Take you time with backing and remember to GOAL. If you feel like you don’t get it at first don’t worry, it’ll be second nature after a while. I had a lot of trouble with backing at first but kept trying and now I can do it no problem.

CatchUp and geaux34 Thank this.
  4. Heaveninamoment

Heaveninamoment Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Milky Way
    Never take chances. Been doing it for 20 years and it works. If you’re tired mentally don’t even attempt to back into any spot find one you can pull into like a rest area for example since you’ll be going straight to sleep anyways. Always be ready to present yourself as if you’ll meet the future boss of your dream job any day, because one day you will out here. Always ask anyone, someone will have the perfect language for you to understand what you’re looking for. Find ways to have fun while you’re out here.

geaux34 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.