New Pay Package

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by jande016, Oct 18, 2014.

1. HeartofaTrucker

HeartofaTrucker Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2013
    1. I have no idea what did or didn't happen in your case. Would be interesting to find out. I know you are a good one.

2. I readily acknowledge that it is not the place to try to consisently drive 4,000 miles as a solo driver. Look someplace else for that.

3. I will say however, the people that like to drive 2,000 to 3,000 miles per week (depending on how hard) at a really good mileage rate and accessorials will do well.

4. Right about the time you and Tow left there was an exceptionally unusual slowdown in freight that occurred, that was shipper-driven. Shipper demand went WAY down for a couple of months during that period. I'm not saying it happened to every single company out there, but I know that it happened to many. It rebounded quite a bit from that short-lived period. However, to say you were not moving at all repeatedly for extended periods of time and not getting ANY miles during that period - can't explain that, that shouldn't have been the case.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Hey, that's almost an apology. Of sorts.

Kinda like that familiar Gordon line, "Your recruiter shouldn't have said that."

A little heart felt groveling would be nice.

Joseph would enjoy that.

So would I, in fact. C'mon, HOAT...

HOAT: Grovel, grovel, grovel, grovel.

Yay! HOAT!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    joseph1135 Thanks this.
  4. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Interesting to see HOAT again focusing his attention on how good working for Heartland/GTI is. According to his posts, up until 2 days ago when the pay raise was issued, he had been offline since July 26, 2014, a time when there was little activity and no controversy. Strange...

5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    2000-3000 miles a week would have made me happy at that pay rate. That's still over $1000 a week, which is decent pay. When I left GTI, I was at .40 plus the .02 for the reefer side. And there was a whole lot of weeks where $1000 was not going to happen. And not from me going home or turning down loads. Hell, I would take the dry van freight at the lower rate to keep moving, which I did when I could. But there were quite a few instances on me dropping my longer load for a local/short haul that the local drivers or a driver low on hours could have run.

I don't work for you any longer because GTI/ Heartland did not hold up their end of the bargain.

6. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

That sure seems pretty clear to me. People leave for all kinds of reasons - my own being rather unusual, not my own decision, and totally unexpected - and for anyone to try to dismiss a driver's reasons because it's uncomfortable seems petty to me.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  7. HeartofaTrucker

HeartofaTrucker Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Might not hear from me for another 3 months after today, we'll see. You all would get tired of me!

8. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Oh, 'fess up, Joseph. You mean the new drivers, like me, dispatched by Bri and what-was-her-name (I'll remember in a minute, called her The Intimidator). You know, the new guys who had collected a nice, fat sign-on bonus and Gordon basically ran us like local drivers, paid mileage until we worked off that bonus. Only then were we welcomed into the club.

Man pants, Joseph. It's time. Long overdue.

Man up. Some of US got the short, dirty end of the stick.

The Gordon schtick.

9. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Drum roll, please.

Waiting for Joseph.

Mods, not insulting anyone. Please indulge us...

Drum roll...

10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    There was a lot I liked about GTI. The fact that we're a western based company. The terminals with showerS!!!! in them (I work for Lessors, one shower at only one terminal, lol) and the other amenities at those terminals. The paid scales, the trucks, even those stupid little bunk windows (I love having them, don't ask why, I just do), the great health insurance, prepass,etc. everything was there that I truly appreciated coming from smaller companies my whole career. Vic had said it once. I was coming in with a different experience than a lot of guys. I disagreed with him then, I thought trucking was trucking. But I came from a different culture. Plus I'm a Philly/Jersey guy coming in with a "IT NEEDS TO BE DONE YESTERDAY" view on things. I had no idea what I was getting into going to a culture like Gordon Trucking where it was a little more relaxed with drivers who didn't have the drive and hunger that I do.

DenaliDad and HeartofaTrucker Thank this.
  11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    You weren't the only one. But I think you and I came in with different expectations.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.