New Pay Program

Discussion in 'Swift' started by kc2000315, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Fatty_McCracken

Fatty_McCracken Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2014
    it appears T_Trucker and Trygg have nothing better to do then bash this thread that was started to get info on the new pay, they however have no clue and Im sure if you look you will probably find that they bash several companies here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, I'm paying no attention to it. Whether I am trying to decide what hotel to stay at on vacation, what car to buy or in this situation I look at all reviews. I exclude the overly positive ones and the very worst ones when making a decision. I focus on the moderate and reasonable ones in the middle as the ones likely to be the most accurate.

4. Fatty_McCracken

Fatty_McCracken Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2014
    I start the Oklahoma City training on Tuesday next week, was told starting for no experience is .33 . Relocating to Las Vegas when the OTR training is finished and hope to be a l/0 within 6 months.

JOHNQPUBLIC and irishramblernv Thank this.
  5. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Ok thanks for the info. Good luck with your plan

6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I'm not sure where to find it, which is why I used my own pay as the example.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  7. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Ok, thanks anyway

8. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    When the pay increase went into effect there were handouts available at the terminals, but within a day or two the terminals were asked not to give them out. No explanation other than that it is still a work in progress.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  9. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    What my recruiter told me is they first bumped it from .25cmp for 0 experiance to .28cmp, but they only had that for a week or 2 then bumped it again to .33 cmp for starting drivers.

What some of these trolls cannot seem to grasp is Swift has a 0 money down training program which is better then most other companies, there is no "contract" for a length of service like others want. You simply pay them 300 dollars a month for 13 months while they pay you 150 bucks a month of tuition rembursement for 26 months making it free after just over 2 years but you can leave at any time you just have to pay the 300 bucks a month for the 13 months. Its a FAR better deal then what companies like Celadon, Prime and Knight have because you must stay with them for what ever time they determine or you owe the full amount.

The ignorant fools know NOTHING about the company other then its bigger then EVERY other trucking company out there so they have more freight and often time better overall driver pay because there is never "slow freight" like small companies get during the first quarter. No company out there has 100% happy drivers, hell no company in the world has 100% happy staff, you just get twits on the internet that feel they are something special because they only have balls when protected behind a computer screen. I 100% garentee you that some of these trolls would NEVER walk up to a random swift driver at a truck stop and call them some random name just because of the logo on their truck, they know they would get an ### whooping really quick more often then not. BTW Knight last i checked with them still pays .25 cpm for starting drivers, Prime does pay more but you only get the small light eight trucks, and Celedon requires about a year worth of forced team driving at the start.

I am not bashing any company i am just relaying information that is backed up by PROOF instead of random bullcrap that some of the trolls (that should of been banned long ago) keep posting.

10. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Good points all around.

That is what my DM told me last month, they were likely to bump up the starting compensation. Several committees are working on the pay schedule and other issues related to driver retention, so in addition to pay increases we will be seeing other changes coming.

11. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    i was also told they changed how you get payed while with a mentor, she did not explain it all to me because she said they will go over it at the orientation, but you get payed an hourly ways when not driving and you get payed something else while driving. I will talk to her again before my start date and see if i can get more of an explination on that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.