New Pay Program

Discussion in 'Swift' started by kc2000315, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    You are paid minimum wage for On Duty Not Driving and minimum wage plus one dollar for Driving.

Ask and pay attention to the accounting cutoff dates and paydays. When you start out right after orientation you will likely get only a few hours driving by the time the Wednesday midnight accounting cutoff happens, then get paid the next Tuesday. Plan on getting a small check two Tuesday's into your training, then a regular paycheck the following week. You need to have enough money to hold you over during that time.

Avoid taking advances, they come in on the Comdata card and you are charged $5 for the privilege and whatever the ATM charges on top of that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    oh yeah advances are always bad. I wonder why they changed it from the flat 450 a week for training... and i wonder if this works out to be more or less in the long run.

4. Lepton1

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Last year I went through training and it averaged about $450 a week, using the minimum wage and +$1 for driving scenario. I don't know when or why they changed from a flat $450 per week.

5. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    If only the government would do a big min wage bump, lol

6. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    I honestly am praying for T_Trucker for someone that just trolls a thread like this, it's just sad. To troll people asking questions about pay raises and Calling people retarted, and just throwing dispersions at people or company That he never worked for. The angry in T_truckers hart must be a lot. Well just remember I am praying for you and your family.

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  7. 12 ga

12 ga THE VIEW FROM MY OFFICE

Oct 21, 2013
    Central Michigan
    News flash for you, in most cases truck drivers are not affected by minimum wage and over time regs. Welcome to trucking.

8. Lepton1

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    For Swift training minimum wage has a very direct impact, because trainees are paid minimum wage for On Duty and +$1 per hour for driving. No news flash here.

If the minimum wage increases that will also have an effect on per mile compensation. Companies will have to recognize that in order to retain drivers for OTR they will need to make significantly more than minimum wage. If minimum wage increases to the targeted $15 per hour that fast food workers are now striking for, then expect OTR drivers to get increases to be able to get $20-25 per hour.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Okay. This has been shortened by about 7 pages due to removing troll posts, or posts containing quotes of troll posts. There were so many I wasn't about to go through them with a fine tooth comb.

Anyone else who shows up here with nothing to say but interminable Swift bashing, infractions will be issued and the thread will be locked. I trust I am in no way being unclear.

Carry on.

10. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Little word of advise here. You might want to rethink l/o within 6 months. I would give it at least 1 year. For 2 reasons, you are very new to this unless you have previous experience in running a business, and give you time to know Swift.

11. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Was just looking at the new pay package for us L/O. I do not know. Right now, I would say no. In one year, probably say the same thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.