New Pay Program

Discussion in 'Swift' started by kc2000315, Aug 29, 2014.

1. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Lmao!! Nice to know I'm being followed, but just to clear the air, I worked for Roehl. And correct I wasn't getting the miles, the "smaller" company I'm with now? I'm making more than triple then I was with Roehl, no. I never worked for swift lol and no I didn't try to drive for prime. As far as "working for a company nobody has heard of" I'm not really sure you should be thinking that's a bad thing, specially since I've been getting 3500-4000 miles weekly. And I'm bringing home over a thousand a week with 1400 being my highest, lol so go ahead and trash talk all you want about me! And the company I work for because it will always be better than these megas like swift, prime, JB, ect ect. I love it! Oh and I won't be leaving this thread, this is far too entertaining! :D

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    So let me see...

... you are banging out up to 4000 miles a week to bring home up to $1400? I'm doing better than that and I've been with Swift about 16 months. At this rate of pay I certainly don't feel like I'm in any position to be bragging or spewing claims of being a super trucker. Drivers I've met that make multiples of that are generally less forthcoming. My goal is to get to that position as soon as possible.

4. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Yes, that is my bring home after taxes and school loan. I'm at the bottom of the pay scale currently. They have a cap of .50, so I'm happy to just be running non-stop. And id say 1400 bring home for someone with just under a year is above the average. Not bragging or being ####y, but it's stupid to knock a small company just because nobody has heard of them. That shows INEXPERIENCE. Or lack of knowledge, I do my research and I did a **** load before coming on over here. I can't survive off 400 a week paychecks that's why I left Roehl.

5. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    and if your info is honest and correct you've been driving 5 years but only 16 months at swift? And your saying your doing better? Care to prove it because I sure can.
    and what company drivers have you met that are making "multiple of that" that's #### good money, I'm at the wrong place if I can make 3k a week with under a year exp AND driving the company truck! Lol

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Let me see, I am a o/o here and I bring home net after all expenses about $1400/wk, and only run about 2800/wk. I must be doing something wrong.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  7. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Not if your planning on owning the truck, I'd say that's pretty good.

8. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    "and don't park next to me (because I like my mirrors) "

:biggrin_2559:

T_TRUCKER• Thanks this.
  9. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.

It's a valid concern, I've seen it happen twice one of the times the driver tried driving off if it wasn't for the guy jumping out and running toward him, the other time wasn't a mirror it was a front bumper and me and a another driver were on our horns and he's still backing up hitting the bumper, FINNALY he realized that the horn meant "stop" not saying that all swiftys are bad, I've also seen plenty back in first time. It's just the bunch that shouldn't have been passed training.. Maybe they needed another week or 2 months, but these megas are just concerned with trying to fill that empty seat from the driver quitting as fast as they can.

10. 12 ga

12 ga THE VIEW FROM MY OFFICE

Oct 21, 2013
    Central Michigan
    That means your getting .35 a mile. Not one of the industries highest not one of the lowest. If your happy that goes a long way.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  11. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    the key is the get out and look even when you "think" you're okay.
    I often have to remind myself the same, the very act of "thinking I'm okay" is not knowing.
    Some of these truck stops at night are more difficult getting into a spot than any dock I've been to.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.