New Pay Program

Discussion in 'Swift' started by kc2000315, Aug 29, 2014.

1. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Very true frieghtwhipper I've been into some that are crazy sometimes it's better to just make your own parking at that point lol

irishramblernv Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    .36 actually, I'm due for a raise this month since it's up to my 90 day. I'm hoping for .39 or .40 but we'll see I won't complain they've treated me great since I've been here

4. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    .30 CPM or .50 CPM

all that really matters is how many $$$$ at the end of the week

T_TRUCKER• Thanks this.
  5. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    also remember to give Swift enough space when stopping behind them

:yes2557:

lol

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    T_TRUCKER• Thanks this.
  6. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Lmao great video frieghtwhipper and also true about the money, I could make .50 cents but not be getting miles, or .30 cents and be getting 4 k weekly and making the same money.

7. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    I first got my CDL and drove off and on between '77 and '81, then let my CDL lapse when I went into another career. Got my CDL again early last year and based on the new landscape in trucking I chose Swift to get my first two years recent experience and then look at my options. With a background and aptitude ideally suited for teaching my goal off the bat was to become a mentor/trainer, and as soon as I had 9 months OTR I applied and am now teaching.

I ran solo OTR for the first six months, then switched to a dedicated team account that was averaging take-home a tad less than $1000 per week. Now that I'm a trainer I make closer to an average of $1200-1300 per week take home.

Regarding those that make multiples of what we are talking about, you don't generally hear them bragging or talking it up unless they are recruiting. My older brother is an O/O that brought me into trucking as a co-driver the first time and most recently, running with a small California company to begin with and then switching to leasing on with a company based out of OKC servicing oil rigs. With the CA company he was barely rubbing two nickels together with all the repairs to his older model truck, on a fixed per mile compensation basis. Now he's on a percentage of load basis and averages $6K to $7K net income each week. As he noted the last time we talked, "If I heard a trucker talking about this kind of money last year I would have passed it off to truck stop tall tales".

Under the old "Have a Plan and Work the Plan" adage, my plan is to save up enough money to get my own rig and become an O/O free and clear of truck payments. The oil fields are calling I'm sure and I might end up working with my brother in the not too distant future. Ultimately I want a fleet of trucks with good drivers making money for me.

T_TRUCKER• Thanks this.
  8. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    IMHO what really matters is how much goes into savings at the end of the week. If you can spend far less than what you are making, then you are getting ahead.

irishramblernv Thanks this.
  9. OceanDan

OceanDan Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Rock Hill, SC

Just so I'm clear you are posting this video with a global inference ALL Swift drivers and NO other drivers would miss a four wheeler driving into a blind spot??? I KNOW SOME of you drivers love your "punching bags", but at least be intellectually honest enough not to paint with an enormous brush
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  10. WitchyWomen

WitchyWomen Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Buckeye, AZ
    This post has turned into and angry anti swift troll gathering. Don't like Swift don't work for them. Work for or have worked for them and can answer or provide insight to the OP question by all means comment. Feel differently then reply but then leave it alone. Swift isn't perfect no company is. It has it's ups and downs and trust me happy long term Swift drivers can complain and put Swift under the bus just as easily as talk about how they are paying their bills and how they got their start. We are good we don't need the anti input.

11. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.

Oil feild is where it's at right now, I hear story's of guys making money you mentioned. My friends cousin is doing it and makes crazy absurd money I didn't believe him until I talked to the cousin over the phone and heard him tell me. I was thinking about that but I heard the good company's are in North Dakota or South Dakota I'm just not ready for that move yet, but yes the money is very good

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.