new pay

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, Feb 15, 2018.

1. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    anyone else notice the layover pay has been shortened since the loaded/empty pay went up? Erica put me on a 34(out of hours to do anything), so chilled at the Drury, nice hotel! Looked at stub today and instead of 12 hours it was only 10. Wish they would've let us know...would've been nice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Layover has been off 14 paid 10 for a few years now. When I first started it was off 15 paid 8 then off 10 paid 8 until they got you rolling again.

4. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    It's been 10 hours per day for several years now. Demurrage and layover pay of $16.16 has not gone up in a while though.

5. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    local pay went up....if Scott( out of HP) puts you on hourly...has a few times, for me. But not since it went up a few pennies! Talked to Mack, and he explained it to me, I'm not getting onto the company, had alot going on lately....guess I realized I've taken less layover than what I did last year. Oh well....been busy! But, kinda really wanting to hit CA again. Only hit it 3 times last year, and a friend(went to Greer together) did it 5 times last year. Don't know why I'm not going far west like some other guys?

6. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    I never went west

7. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    interesting. Looks like you're out of Morrow yard? I never go anywhere but home from there. However, I did run into a driver out of Kingsport at Stepan (Winder) and was picking a load up. I was going back home, as they always do to me(high point) and he was going to Santa Clara, CA. Said he had been getting really good ones out of Morrow. I never have any luck there.This was back around april/may last year.

8. lagging

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    Augusta,Ga yard never seen anything west of kc and Kansas City was a dedicated load for us I went to sulphur once.. I lived in markham though

9. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    huh?! that's weird. I've asked to go to CA and got it, if timing was right. I was just in Augusta about 2 weeks back. Dropped a load there and picked up a preload going to Covington, VA. In, almost, a year and a half here....that was the first time I'd been to Augusta term. I went to the tankwash you guys use way back around May(ish) last year. So far, this year, been to 2 terminals I haven't been to yet...Augusta and Charleston, WV. Funny how Charleston, WV looks nice and easy from 64...but when you are actually there it's a freakin' nightmare!!!!!!! haha

10. lagging

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    Yeah that Covington loads leaves twice a week

11. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    I laughed so hard when I showed up there! I had been there before, with a different company(not tank)....even off loaded in the same exact dock! Of course, I didn't know there were 'outlets' next to the dock. A box is really tight in that space...tank, not so much.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.