New prepass/ezpass transponder elite pass

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Gunner75, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    So btc has these new prepass/ezpass transponders called elite pass. They are supposed to be programmed for Ok turnpike, ks turnpike, and a couple of others as well as the normal ezpass sites. Problem i found with it is the window placement. This #### thing is huge. And they want it placed 2 inches right of the windshield center, and 2 inches above the dash. One of the issues i find is that the size of the transponder sits right in my window line of sight. I currently have it sitting in the top drivers side towards the center as seen in the below picture. It's worked just fine until i went into new York the other day, while running across the i90 throughway my ezpass notifications were saying to call ezpass. Ive not had any issues with getting bypass notifications from scales. The other issue i found is it requires batteries 2 AAA in order for it to work. It doesn't have a low battery alarm, the only way you know the batteries are low is when you decide to change them

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. billyboy53

billyboy53 Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2013
    there should be yellow light that comes on when low battery

4. wldkkat

wldkkat Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2012
    The dot law says nothing can be in the windshield wiper path.... Install in the small spot between both wiper paths to be legal

5. Sperry1993

Sperry1993 Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Any kind of pike pass, ezpass, sunpass, k-tag, etc. is exempt. Officer told me last time I had a dot inspection.

CoyoteExpress Thanks this.
  6. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    That elite pass should work anywhere in the country from what I understand.

That's good if it has replaceable batteries. Usually EZ-Pass transponders are not serviceable and simply have to be replaced when the internal battery dies.

Protein Hauler Thanks this.
  7. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Old thread resurrection alert!

I just switched over to the Elite Pass from the old Blue Prepass units, they are big! I think I am going to try and stick them along the top of the windshield center, I know they are "suppose" to go on the bottom, but for shorter drivers and the big cavity in the cascadias that drops down behind the dash crown the thing would be almost half way up the windsheild? Any body else tried mounting them along the top???

8. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    In my cascadia I put it in the little netted storage cubby right above the windshield been working fine. Only problem I've been having is battery life it is short like 2 weeks short. Going to be checking on changing it out with a new one. Is anyone else having such short battery life?

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  9. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    WOW, two weeks!! ####!!!

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    What a waste. We can power a city to infinity but cannot keep a little beep box running very long.

11. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Well just off the phone with PrePass support as usual they were super helpful (not). Just said no that is way to short battery life. Have you been using Lithium batteries. So I have them sending me a replacement one free of charge. Wow really free dang what a deal since mine is only 2 months old.(sarcasm) But thank you

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.