New PTL pay

Discussion in 'PTL' started by L.A.toTX, Oct 16, 2021.

1. L.A.toTX

L.A.toTX Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2021
    I saw advertised on their website that pay is at $850/week for training and "solo base pay UP TO $.65/mile." A little bit confused how base pay can be "up to" something. Thought base pay was the very least before bonuses added in. I am really curious if there are current PTL drivers who can shed light on this. Much appreciated, in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    IDK for sure. But, it may be referring to the different milage rates most companies pay. At Swift, the cpm is larger if you have a shorter run, or if you are driving a reefer load, etc. It isn't a single rate all the time. Maybe the 'up to' refers to the top cpm rate for a short reefer load (or similar depending on how they structure their load rate).
    That would be my guess.

L.A.toTX Thanks this.
  4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Hiring on as a non-experianced driver pays X.

1 year pays Y

2 years pays Z

Up to 65 cpm

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  5. L.A.toTX

Oct 10, 2021
    I forgot about companies having a sliding scale depending on the mileage run. Thank you for pointing that out. Your explanation makes sense.

6. L.A.toTX

Oct 10, 2021
    That's not what ot says though. The website advertises that the base pay starting out is up to $.65 PM with no pay cap. I am inclined to believe that Six9GS's explanation is most accurate in this instance, based on what PTL's website shows.

7. Turbodriven

Turbodriven Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2021
    The .65 is the top base pay based on experience which you’d need 15 years for. I’m fairly certain they did this just to keep their old timers there and happy since a quite a few places are raising pay and no one with 15 years is joining PTL for otr. At five years you’re at .60, I’m about to hit 3 years and I’ll be at .55. This is for otr, they have regional and dedicated accounts now that have a different scale. For example their Miller Molson account starts at .60 I believe, regardless of experience. You’d have to talk with a recruiter to be 100% on any of this, they’ve changed things a lot since the start of the year.

Any other questions I’ll try and answer.

Need4Speed and L.A.toTX Thank this.
  8. L.A.toTX

Oct 10, 2021
    So you are a current driver at PTL?
    What is it like working there? Weekly miles, loads, accessory pay, dispatch, and home time? If you don't mind, can you give me a rundown on those topics, as it relates to PTL?

9. Moronica

Moronica Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2020
    'Up to' usually means what the very top drivers get paid , in other words - not you

JOHNQPUBLIC and L.A.toTX Thank this.
  10. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    You aint worth 850 a week Newbie

11. L.A.toTX

Oct 10, 2021
    Who are you and who asked you for such an opinion?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.