New rule for trainees

Discussion in 'Werner' started by SunnyBunny, Apr 17, 2009.

1. StrawberryWine_SC

StrawberryWine_SC Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Williamston, SC

Well said, Steele, well said!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SunnyBunny

SunnyBunny Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2009
    IL
    I want to thank you for your understanding! I also have gotten much more comfortable on the road in the last couple of weeks. I've always prided myself on being strong and independent and was surprised by my reaction to the rule change. I needed a bit of a kick in the pants - but your message really helped, thanks!

4. SunnyBunny

SunnyBunny Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2009
    IL
    I want to thank everyone that posted. Some of you with encouragement and understanding for a newbie, some of you with the kick-in-the-pants I needed to realize what a wimp I was being. I was definitely having a "poor me" moment. You all helped bring me around.

Now that I am at the half way point, I want you all to know I have a lot more confidence. Some of that came from your posts and also from talking to other truckers in those same truck stops. I was so wrong to feel defensive, and although I will take precautions, I will remember that almost all of the truckers out there are people like me, trying to make a living on the road.

Thanks again!http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/images/smilies/roundies/biggrin_25514.gif

5. swisschris62

swisschris62 Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2008
    here, there, everywhere
    i wouldnt worry about truck stops
    worry when your driving into the crappiest parts of town to deliver and have every degenerate watching you waiting for you to make a mistake
    always keep a good bit of room in front of you ( dont get to clost to the 4 wheeler at the light) in case you have to get moving to shake of the local thug and keep your doors locked

6. Im4Jesus

Im4Jesus Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    northeast
    Well said swisschris62 and even us guys should be aware of our surroundings in certain areas :biggrin_25519:

7. CBtruckers Wife

CBtruckers Wife Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Huber Heights, Ohio
    Just wanted to let you know that my hubby is in training and the trainer has time off and Werner did put my hubby in a motel. He has a room mate another person that is in training. Just thought I would let you know it may depend on whos running the show.

8. zwire315

zwire315 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    But truckers do sleep in the truck at truck stops... didnt they tell you that at school?

9. Marty007

Marty007 Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Montclair VA
    I did not know you could break up the training hours, and if the opportunity is available how long would the 300 hours take if you constantly stayed on the truck with a trainer?

Is the 300 hours behind the wheel training or just in the truck hours?
    :biggrin_25523:

10. hcso506

hcso506 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2009
    oklahoma
    300 driving hours only.

11. Belton Bandit

Belton Bandit Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Belton,Texas
    Looks like I'll be going to Dallas for training Monday after christmas. They said pack 10 days worth of clothes. The truck must have more space that i thought. Any advice for a rookie right outta 4 week truck driving school?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.