New rules coming regarding HOURS?

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by RussianBearTruckeR, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    The question is whether the 3 he rest period would extend the 14 like the 8 hr split does

Aamcotrans and RussianBearTruckeR Thank this.
  3. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    It’s all about “safety” though and current regs and elogs are making us so much safer...

Yeah, that’s why I was over an hour late to my turn last night, because there were 4 accidents on I-70 between Wright City and Kingdom City one completely shutting the highway down for hours.

Truck with tire in flames at the 200, multi-truck accident at the 181 (the closure), trailer fire at the 155 eastbound, and truck in the woods off the road at the 148.

Do whatever they will, it’s all about $ and never makes a bit of difference in any other regard.

4. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    And when it does not go their way OOIDA will put out more fake news about how the FMCSA is bough th and paid for by the ATA and they just want to screw with O/O. When in fact like the last set of changes, it came from a lawsuit they filed. But when the change happened they got all Alzheimer's in their reporting of why there was a change.

truckthatpassesyouby Thanks this.
  5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Here is the scary section of that article.

Be ready guys to take a big one.

It is going to be stupid and more complicated than ever before.

If the truck related crashes are up, maybe there is a problem with the external causes of these crashes or may be the return to flexible HOS is needed like returning to 1962 version which actually worked.

6. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Which lawsuit are you referring to, the reset change? If you look at the ATA conglomerate its easy to see they can buy influence if they so desire. I can't think of any law passed since I started driving that ever benefitted me. I've never worked for a carrier that forced me to run illegal, most runs OTR were where I can make it to my destination in 11 hours or less for my first stop.

I don't want to work more, I want my day done as quickly as possible.

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Truck crashes are up because team operations are up and roads are crap and literally getting worse by the month, and as such, no team driver can get quality, restful sleep on today’s crap roads as they’re getting thrown about on practically every bridge crossing.

Think about it. But what’s the answer? There isn’t one. Just keep your properly sized life insurance policy paid up, and otherwise keep your family affairs in order because any day can have your number on it.

jon69, Maj. Jackhole and BoyWander Thank this.
  8. TruckChicken

TruckChicken Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2018
    Could truck crashes be up because more trucks are on the road? Better economy means more freight being moved. More opportunities for accidents.

Justrucking2 and Klleetrucking Thank this.
  9. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    I dont really see how giving you up to 3 hours "off duty" each shift will help with ELogs? Would just make it take longer to get where you are going? The best thing they could do for Elogs is put a fifth line on it that does not count against your hours for sitting in traffic jams or waiting forever to be loaded or unloaded- none of which is the drivers fault. At least by doing that, they would know what shippers and receivers waste a drivers time.

10. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    2006ish? Their portion was eventually thrown out as irrelevant but the very next year when the judge ordered certain changes stemming from OOIDAs lawsuit (removal of wide open sleeper berth) all they could do in Grain Valley was cackle like old hens how the government was just fing with O/O when they had been party to the suit that led to the changes.

Hell they will insist on the lie the FMCSA forced ELDs. Horse crap they were in a highway appropriation bill. By law the FMCSA had to enact them.

One or two of OOIDA's leaders sit on the FMCSA advisory council collecting a six figure salary selling poor apps on the notion it is a big bad entity making up stuff.

Dave_in_AZ and shogun Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.