new to cargo vans

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by jimare, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Iraqvet

Iraqvet Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Ashtabula Ohio

I didnt know one state could make you run logs and not the rest of em...Especially when you are under 10,001 pound,and not having to scale...I would like to see that reg...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    in some states you have to scale if youre commercial. In some states you have to scale if youre over 4 tons. In some, 8 tons.

TECHNICALLY SPEAKING in Ohio, nobody is required to enter the scales unless they are placarded. That's what the sign says! I take my prepass off my windshield in ohio unless i need to use the ezpass part of it, and just run em if im not hazmat. :)

Heh, i screwed up one time, hauling corrosives, ran a scale cause my prepass was green, forgot about the sign....nobody came after me. Ran a scale in illinois a few weeks ago by accident..i saw the sign that it was open, but it was a tight right turn into the scale house and there was no indication of where it was until...it was too late for me to go in. Nobody came after me. LOL. I felt bad about that one :(

4. jonr29657

jonr29657 Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2008
    central, sc
    So you never talked to FedExCC yet?
    with them you have to have cdl with haz.

5. Iraqvet

Iraqvet Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Ashtabula Ohio
    That dosnt clarify the reg you put out for needing to do logs in Alabama?I talked to some lady named Robin at Fed ex cc..She said they didnt need a cdl...I dont know...

6. K4EMP

K4EMP Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Arden,NC
    prestige expedite is the only company that I know of that does not require a cdl.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.