new to forum

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by hwyangel, Jul 29, 2007.

1. SCUBA_Guy

SCUBA_Guy Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Richland, WA
    Well, I've been with IDC since 2-24-09 now and couldn't be happier! I have been kept busy and so far everything they've said has held true.
    I am so glad to be with them. As another member said, "You will feel like you've died and gone to trucker heaven!" Couldn't say it any better.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    How you liking the automatics? Did you find that Hold button I was talking about?

4. Jazz girl

Jazz girl Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Cannot understand why company keeps hiring drivers when can't keep the ones they have and want to run, busy. Not here long but have BEEN IN BUSINESS 18 YRS SPOUSE 26 YRS NEVER BEEN SLOW LIKE THIS ! And can't get no where with management. Really checked companies out before coming here to run team, heard mostly good,as have always been fortunate to be with decent company before . Not sure about this now definitly not happy about miles not even getting 4000 told would be there. They call this extreme team my extreme is more like 6000+:biggrin_25510:

5. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I have yet to see a true team based company "box" style company..

If you are really wanting to run team in the "extreme" fashion, I would probly suggest a diferent route. It required pulling wiggle wagons thou. FedEX or Old Dominion, and i think Conway..

6. NickB

NickB Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Washington
    We where doing around 5-6k weeks on the 700 division until the end of the year.
    We have good weeks and some slow now but averaging around 17k-21k a month.
    Take a look around you before ya get to upset about miles. No one is getting them like they used to.
    IDC is a great company to work for.
    You have to build a reputation to get real good runs. And take the short runs when they come...

Baack Thanks this.
  7. teampitts3

teampitts3 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    I drove team for IDC back in 2005.....Man those where the days. My experience is that your DM makes all of the difference. I was in Fontana at the yard one day and he asked if we would shuttle a bunch of trailers down to the Watkins yard. I said sure so that is what we did for a day. Just shuttling trailers. Once we moved what he needed, he got us a load to Maryland. Before we got to New Mexico the QC blew up! Preplan after preplan. We went from maryland to York PA headed for Seattle. Then down to Portland heading to San Antonio, back up to Austin, then back to Salt Lake City. We had our whole week at once! Those were not rare occasions for us, but that was before the Economy went sideways. Just thought it would be nice to reminisce about some of the better days of yesteryear.

truckerswife1 Thanks this.
  8. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    If you dont mind me asking, why did you leave?

9. teampitts3

Apr 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    I was driving team with my best friend at the time. When the team split I went back to pulling flats. That's what I love the most.

10. teampitts3

Apr 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    If you are not happy at IDC especially as a team, then I'm going to say you'll never be happy. IDC is top of the line in every aspect of the game. If you are lacking miles there I would seriously bet a pay check it is not the company. The only problem I ever had (was more of a disappointment) was that they could buy Columbias real cheap so that's what teams rack the miles on. Solo drivers get Volvo 780's which as far as I could tell are specifically built with teams. I however understood that it was because IDC bought the Columbias and leased the volvo's with limited miles.

Just my two cents

11. JRTBud877

JRTBud877 Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
    Question. I have 10 yrs. OTR with a squeeky clean MVR & DAC. I applied with IDC and they turned me down. They said they only hire people with a minimum of 12 current months with a company that has a minimum of 300 trucks. I have always worked for small companies. Anyone ever hear about this?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.