new to forum

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by hwyangel, Jul 29, 2007.

1. teampitts3

teampitts3 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    I must say that's a new one on me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SCUBA_Guy

SCUBA_Guy Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Richland, WA
    Well, I'm still working for them and rang to ask about this. It is true. The reason behind the 300 truck thing is that companies that have 300 or less trucks are not required to have the safety training programs that large companies are. They found that by sticking with hiring from companies with more than 300 trucks, they have fewer accidents. I agree with what you're about to say, "Yes, that sucks for a good driver that just worked for a small company."

4. JRTBud877

JRTBud877 Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
    Thanks Scuba. Learn something new everyday.

5. Jazz girl

Jazz girl Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Interstate is a good company,good benefits, great safety program, good about getting you home for those who like to get home.( that's not a big deal to us,we are here to make money.) Good pay for exerienced teams. Believe me we looked hard at companies before making the switch. Our problem was more of a fleet manager problem.(know there are many who had same issues with this one. ) WE now are with a new fleet manager doing a dedicated and couldn't be happier.

6. JChors

JChors Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, OR
    Welcome to the club. I took a leave of absence from IDC in November, 2008 to take care of my ailing mother. I had a three year stint with them prior to that, and tried to hire back on with them in April, but got the no-go signal. They used to rehire guys like me on the spot, with up to six months leave, without going through the rehire/orientation process. Now it's Au Reviour after 45 days. And I'm no fresh fish; 12yrs OTR, clean MVR and no Felonies. I Guess times have changed dramatically these last six months.

7. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    This economy has got to change soon, or we will all be out of work..

about 1000 resumes to companys all over the country, clean MVR, and 8 year safe driving record. I had job offers for OTR, but my family comes first (wife and mother both have medical issues), and I have to take care of them. All I get are the "we arent hiring locally, but we have this great 14/2 day policy". I politely hang up the phone befor they can even finish their gibberish.

8. cali

cali Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    santa ana.ca
    can solo drivers make it as far as miles at INTERSTATE?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.