New to This

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by RavenInGa, Dec 4, 2013.

1. RavenInGa

RavenInGa Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm set to begin training at Conley on December 9th. Now, I had an accident in April of this year; prior to that, I had no issues since 2008. The recruiter I spoke to insists that I'm fine but I don't want any surprises once I get to orientation. Also, what else do they check in Utah? And what are the living arrangements like while there? It would be nice to hear from any recent grads but anyone who can give me their advice/opinion, I would be much appreciative. Thanks and safe driving to you all!!

Side note: Is there anyone else set to begin training soon????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. missjhawk

missjhawk Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2013
    nutbush
    Congratulations on becoming a truck driver. Usually they put u 2 to a room. But u really don't have the job til u get your own personal key. As faras your training make sure he teach u good habits and don't use u for miles. Orientation is basically doing paperwork, learn about company, etc

tangerineGT Thanks this.
  4. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    They put u in a hotel for the most part , now some people they put in the jail cells as I call them at the terminal . Lol
    Just hope u get a hotel room !!!!
    The backround is all done basically within the first couple days , u will see people drop like flies because they think oh they won't know if I don't tell them WRONG !!!!! Tell ur recruiter the truth and be 100% honest about anything that could come up , oh and it will if something is there ..

Good luck and congrats !!!!!!
    Hope all goes well for u , I am upgrading monday , as long as we don't have anymore junk trailer issues .. hahahaha

5. bmcgee6080

bmcgee6080 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Marietta, GA
    Hey, I read your forum from when you was about to start on 12/09. I was wondering how did it go? I am suppose to start on 12/30.

6. RavenInGa

RavenInGa Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I will send you a pm bmcgee6080.

bmcgee6080 Thanks this.
  7. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Here is a post of mine awhile back. Has a picture of the rooms in the bunk house. Just a place to sleep. The hotel is much nicer, and you should get to go there in week 2. I went to WVC for training in March, finished up with my trainer in April. No longer work for Central, but they are a solid place to earn your CDL.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...frigerated-truck-stop-ii-635.html#post3665357

unloader

Lady K Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.