new to trucking and got the shaft.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by capital 48, Dec 16, 2008.

1. capital 48

capital 48 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2008
    MI
    Thankyou for asking. I am looking at any driving jobs and companies that will give me a chance. I know it will be a up hill task but I give all I got in everything I do.
    200% but I also stand up for my rights when needed. this may hurt me some times. I know the big companies have good and bad. I just got the bad to start.
    I read alot of bad about alot of companies usa included and not just my posts.
    I only ask for an ok truck one that does not breakdown everyother day. an fm that will try to work with the driver.( I know to get respect you need to give respect ). I do not mind staying out for 3-4 weeks at a time and my better half
    can take care of everything while I am out. I would like to make tons of money
    everyone wants that but money comes in time. I do not need alot to live. all my bills are paid. my house paid for, my 2005 custom pickup paid for, I have all the good things we all want in our homes. my businesses did that for me. also my kids are gone. only grand kids and great grand kids to see from time to time. If I start with 4-500 each week that is ok for now.
    you tell me am I asking for to much. please give your opinion. I know I will find a driving job with someone.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

Uphill Battle yes it will be. From experience it will be very hard for you. Back in 2000 I was in the same situation your in, but I did have 4 years behind the wheel at that time. Even USA turned me down then. Just because I was terminated from Navajo. But I was terminated cause of me refusing to drive while under medications that made me sleep, not sleepy but knocked me out.

I would look for some small outfit near you that may give you a chance.

Though I sounded as I was against you in this thread I really do wish you luck.

oldcornbinder and capital 48 Thank this.
  4. oldcornbinder

oldcornbinder Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Eastern Oregon
    Capital 48, I hear ya, I'm in the same place, kids all gone most everything paid for except for an investment property. No grand kids yet, dog gone it.

I'd try the biggest on the block first, they have the greatest turnover. I think Swift is still doing something. You may have to go out with a mentor again for 6 weeks or so with who ever you get on with just so they see you know what your doing.

Pay is going to be closer to the $400 wk for the first year or less so be patient.

Good luck and take care.

capital 48 Thanks this.
  5. capital 48

capital 48 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2008
    MI
    that is all I was getting with usa so that is not an issue right now. with time comes more money. I have put in aps. with about 20 companies this last week.
    over the net. should start hearing from someone I hope in the week to come.
    Melton left me an email the other day. do not know what flat bed is like never done anything like that.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.