New truckstops

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Side pipes, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Side pipes

Side pipes Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2022
    Ireland
    And your saving money compared to the Bigger stores

drvrtech77 and ducnut Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RBranson

RBranson Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2023
    Because we mostly cook our own food. In and out of the truck stop and back on the road. We food prep, bring our meals, then heat in the truck. 4 wheelers want fast food. Truck drivers more and more look for healthy food and the best way to do it is make it ourselves.

Side pipes Thanks this.
  4. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    It is not always about healthy food as it can be the cost of eating in a restaurant. You state in and out of a truck stop, preparing and eating your food and then leave without spending a dime. That's part of the reason prices are so high. The truck stops are not here just for the convenience of a place to park. How would you prepare your food if they charged you to just enter the parking lot, pay to enter the building or the rest rooms? The drivers of today need to patronize the truck stops, spend a little money and help keep these establishments open before they all go away.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  5. Jubal Early Times

Jubal Early Times Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2022
    I agree with you somewhat. But I refuse to pay 15 bucks for a cheese burger and fries from Burger King. They have always charged more for their fast food options. Why? Because they can, they know we can’t go down the street and get the same meal for 10 bucks. I do go in and spend a couple bucks and buy a drink or something and if there is a decent restaurant I will go in and have a meal. Even if it’s just breakfast. I also don’t have a problem paying for parking. They have overhead and I know it cost a lot to maintain facilities.

navypoppop Thanks this.
  6. RBranson

RBranson Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2023
    I didn't say leave without spending a dime. Obviously money is being spent on fuel. Personally, I buy coffee at truck stops. What I avoid is the junk food, the fast food, and anything pre-packaged. I don't waste time at truck stops buying things that I may find cheaper elsewhere. It's a free market system where consumers are free to spend their money where they choose. Oh, I buy showers at truck stops, too. It might be paid for with fueling points, but it's part of the truck stop's economy. When convenient, I will buy showers at smaller places, even when I haven't fueled. My company reimburses for it, too. I am not someone who expects to have a place to park without money coming into the establishment to make that place to park available. The whole point is that I don't use truck stops as a main source of food, especially fast food. I get done what I need to get done and back on the road.

navypoppop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.