New Werner driver!

Discussion in 'Werner' started by trashtruckin22, Dec 9, 2012.

1. trashtruckin22

trashtruckin22 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Longview, TX
    Ive been with my trainer 3 days now and everythings workin out great! 10 speed is alot easier than I thought it would be! I got lucky and ended up with a good trainer that I get along with and one that has got 5 years exp. Im loving the 2011 kenworth I get to train in to :D and there busing me down to my hometown for 3 days for christmas! which I wasnt really worried about to begin with but its really nice that they are doing it. I can tell this company def cares about there trainees.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Koolguy

Koolguy Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Trenton,NJ
    It all depends on ur fleet manager and if there a good or.bad one...

4. HappyHardCore

HappyHardCore Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Yes, the company cares about trainees and trainers, cause that is where the money is. After 1 year exp, if you are not a trainer, then your basically only welcome as long as have 0 accidents or tickets.

It is a good company to get started.

5. BiggDog

BiggDog Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Elton, LA
    I just graduated driving school this past weekend and I leave for orientation at werner's Dallas terminal on Sunday. Any tips? Or advise on what to expect? Also have you been able to find out what werner's starting mileage pay is? I can't find it anywhere.

6. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    By "just graduated" I assume you have your CDL correct?
    I can't give you any Werner specific tips however...If you conduct yourself like a professional you should be fine. Listen and ask questions if you do not understand something a trainer is telling you.

7. BiggDog

BiggDog Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Elton, LA
    Yea I have my cdl.

8. H-D Road Glide

H-D Road Glide Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Central Florida
    Training pay is $400 per week till you finish, then the mileage pay depends on the account your on. Some accounts are as low as .15 Empty/.22 loaded, others start at higher rates. I started at 31.5/31.5 to run a regional slip seat account.

9. jwinkler

jwinkler Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2012
    little rock ar
    Hows it going so far at werner? Im looking to start in a couple of weeks

10. Miss Sass

Miss Sass Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Was curious how that was working out for you. I just got offered same position here in midwest. I've been really hating the OTR life but only now do I have enough experience to make the switch. Any expertise is appreciated. :)

11. H-D Road Glide

H-D Road Glide Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Central Florida
    Go to a different company. Since you live in FT Wayne, you have access to many other companies that will not only start you off at a better pay rate, but will treat you a lot better. Try Roehl, TMC, ConWay, Prime... Anywhere else. Try doing a search on indeed.com for local CDL jobs as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.