Newbie FAQ

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by tjgosurf, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ducebigg

ducebigg Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Newbie question: I am sure that that this question as been asked (at least I hope so). How often can you shower when you're out on the road? Not trying to stay to stinky!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ebola Guy

Ebola Guy Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    As often as you want.

4. GrabbinGears10_4

GrabbinGears10_4 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2014
    As many times as you want. Just need to plan your hours, where you'll be parked and sleeping, and how long until your pickup/drop appt. A couple runs and you'll get it figured.

5. Shortwoman

Shortwoman Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Subject: Cooking on the road.
    bathroom on the road
    exercise on The road
    Training Schools
    sign on bonuses
    permit cdl

6. skyviper73

skyviper73 Heavy Load Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    I usually find that I only NEED a shower every third day or so. I don't exactly work up a sweat sitting in a chair looking out a window all day. But seriously, every other day for a shower is just fine. If I get sweaty in the summer, I make it a point to shower daily. After a while, you will have it figured out. No reason to get stinky.

7. dedwards535b

dedwards535b Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2014
    needing help getting back to Denver from steam boat springs an easer route than 40 truck got hot

8. Randall2814

Randall2814 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Florida
    When you get a job with a trucking company,do you have to move to their state? Can you remain a resident of your home state while working for a company in another state? How? Get a P.O. Box? Oh,and since you are in a truck all the time,does this mean you cannot own a car,or if you do you can only use it one day a week? Can you tell I'm a newbie? LOL! Thanks!:biggrin_255:

9. Randall2814

Randall2814 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Florida
    So where do you take a shower? Go jump in a lake? A swimming hole? LOL!:biggrin_255:

10. staydown.outlaw

staydown.outlaw Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2015
    this was a great post, thank you. I find that most drivers I talk to are very, very helpful and your post falls right in to that. I was wondering about the training with another driver, what if you don't get along with him/her? also, when im on a "day off," am I in my tractor? I live in vegas and hopefully I will be based out of Fontana, Ca. I just pull over on the way thru vegas?

11. GrabbinGears10_4

GrabbinGears10_4 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2014
    Depends on the situation Randall. You can work for a company in another state but as long as you're along a route you're placed on, you might even be able to live at home. For example, the company may be based in Georgia, but they have you on a Tallahassee, FL to Albany, NY lane... if you live in Florida, maybe they could get you back home weekly. Or maybe you could even park your tractor by your house? They might also be able to slip seat you with someone, so you can get home for a couple days. It all depends on how they're set up - terminals and the lane your on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.