Newbie FAQ

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by tjgosurf, Jul 12, 2007.

1. dollarmtn

dollarmtn Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    My first post here, been reading this forum for a few weeks now. Maybe not a great way to enter a forum, but just wanted to remind stone24 that hes more than likely not the only one on this forum who have served their country, and to stop puffing out his chest and belittling other drivers. Hes the type that gives us veterans a bad rap, as well as give truckers a bad image when / if he makes it that far ...

BKK241, jzw, MaireDVS1 and 7 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crazy4chrome

crazy4chrome Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Chicago Il
    Stone24 I think that team is a great idea....right out of school,team with a friend,see the country,make tons of money.
    Check back in after 6 months and let us know how it is working out.
    I am shure you will respond with it is great and easy....you would never say that it had its's ups or downs because that would be whining...and you detest people that do that. Someday you will see that these boards are a good place to find out things you would like to know...but if you do not get the answer you were looking for then it never really was a question,it was a statement. Good luck in the new job.

4. stone24

stone24 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Every good guy needs a bad guy, and every soldier needs an enemy. I'll be your bad image, if you'll talk trash. So, what branch were you in?

5. j&jbuck

j&jbuck Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2011
    ward, sc
    i bet you were a marine

6. Army Trucker-Mechanic

Army Trucker-Mechanic Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2011
    pace, FL
    Thanks for the Info. I am starting school Monday. I aready have a class A CDL. but no road time on record as all my drive time was in the Military so every company I have talked to told me to go to the shool.
    Any advice about a company. Or any more tips?

7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I know with my husband - Central Refrigerated has a program that since he has a DD214 they picked up the tab for the school. Just as a thought...

8. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    I second this

9. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

Now who is showering out here?:biggrin_2554:

10. Roger Baldwin

Roger Baldwin Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Marshall, NC
    I am looking into purchasing a 24' Straight Truck with sleeper. Possibly to join FedEx Express Critical or another expedite carrier service. It will be myself and wife. We are based in Marshall, NC. It could be that we are getting ready to lose or jobs. I know this is a risky move but need to keep up the $$$ coming in. We have not kids and nothing to hold us down. I would actually purchase the truck out right with no dept.
    Does anyone have a little time to give me feed back on the industry. We have never driven before but like the idea.
    Thanks

11. Nashville Driver

Nashville Driver Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Check over here http://www.expeditersonline.com/

Before you get too excited, call a few of the carriers listed on the site and ask what they require in a vehicle and experience............experience you say......I dont need no stinking experience.......I will own the truck!! Well the insurance industry has made some changes to who they offer insurance too, due to some serious accidents with these type vehicles. I know this because one of my friends tried ths route after getting way laid from a factory last year.......perfect driving record, class B in hand, but no real expeirence. He is now working for a local produce distributor, getting the one year expeirence needed driving a 26 ft box truck for $9.00 an hour and delivery pizzas after hours. He has purchased a Fedex approved sleeper box truck and hopes to be leasing on shortly after the first of the year.
    This site is really good, they will help you figure it all out.

P.S. As soon as I post this, people on this site will question it........just call one of the companies on the contact site and report back.....requirements are always changing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.