Newbie going with Crete

Discussion in 'Crete' started by jeeper, Feb 17, 2011.

1. jeeper

jeeper Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Dandridge, TN
    When I was on the road I was out 21 days.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ritz1

ritz1 Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2011
    fayetteville,nc
    choices...trying to decide between crete or averitt..Who should I go with? Any comments welcome......

4. braceface

braceface Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2010
    IMO, that would be a very easy decision!!! CRETE!!!!!! If you want to sit alot, go with Averitt, If you want to make money, CRETE!!!

ritz1 Thanks this.
  5. gregvd

gregvd Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2007
    I been with crete a little over a year. My only problem is that it's a dead end job. You have to do over 120,000 miles a year to be able to get the penny raise. Very few people can do it. Only the people that stay out 3 month or more can be able to make the miles to make it. Just not enough miles in a week, when you would like to see your wife and family. I go home 21 to 28 days average, stay in 4 days than back out. I talked to drivers who's been here 5 years and still at the same pay. Trust me, I don't slack around, I run. But with waiting, break downs, bad area and have to wait for a load to start moving, and more waiting to be unloaded. Especially grocery warehouse. Ur g 4 to 5 hours. Hate them, especially in the middle of the night.

6. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    I disagree gregvd, I have been with Crete for 3+ years and have gotten my raise every year. I never have stayed out 3 months, usually 21-24 days. Occasionally I will stay out for 30, but that only has happened 2-3 times in 3 years.
    I try to be proactive with my loads, but basically just take what I'm given.
    There are times where the live load/unloads mess things up, especially the grocery warehouses. I really don't like them either. I try not to let the weekly miles depress me, and look at the monthly average, which stays pretty steady.
    I have gotten right at 130,000 miles the past 2 years, a little over in 2010, a little under in 2011( I spent a week in hospital in CA which cut some miles). I do stay out at least 21 days most months, which probably helps.
    I'm sure others don't have the same results, but I know it can be done.

7. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    I start with Crete monday in Spartanburg S.C. ............. Have been driving the last 8 years in Iraq for KBR ..... so I have to go out with a trainner for 8 weeks.....because I haven't driven in usa for such a long time.....at least Crete gave me a job...other company's would not....because I drove so long in Iraq...so I say ...Thank You ...Crete

48Packard Thanks this.
  8. iraqralph43

Jan 9, 2012
    After I spend the 8 weeks with a trainer........when I get my own truck...my start pay is 41 cents per mile......

9. iraqralph43

Jan 9, 2012
    Because crete will give me credit for my military driving experience...other companies I checked with did not

10. iraqralph43

Jan 9, 2012
    You have been with Crete over a year now.....Just wondered are you really that fed up with them...you are still at Crete..so the good must outweigh the bad....hope you keep posting

11. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I start there on 2/1. Glad you're back safely, and best of luck to you!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.