Newbie here W/Millis Transfer =)

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Robilade, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Robilade

Robilade Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Wow!!! I appreciate all the responses and advice from you guys. This means a great deal. Being a female trucker, I'm thankful for the warm welcomings, and helpful tips. Millis seems to have a family like support system! ❤️

Nashville and MIT Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Robilade

Robilade Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Thank you!

4. Robilade

Robilade Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2022

This is a great idea!!!!

5. Robilade

Robilade Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Thank you and trust me, I can't tell you how many times I've gotten out to look everywhere I do my maneuvers or park for the night. I honestly was a bit frustrated and felt rushed early on. Now, it's much better.

MIT Thanks this.
  6. Robilade

Robilade Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Omg Rochester was the last delivery before the holidays and it had me frustrated the entire time. The one by the school bus lot? My very first time going there and it was hell trying to find the building and entrance. ‍♀️‍♀️ So New York is one of those places I dread for sure. Chicago seems to be a bit intimidating judging by the roads and their setups.

MIT Thanks this.
  7. Robilade

Robilade Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Yeah I figured that per diem would suit me best. Paid holidays and vacay. Then on top of that, the performance pay seems to make up for the cents lost from moving over from Straight pay.
    Im glad I did switch over before the holidays. Thank y'all for the responses. I was definitely needing help with how things were with Millis based upon the past/current drivers' experiences.

8. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Follow-up: if you decide to go with the rechargeable LED flashlight idea, given above--look for flashlights that are rated for AT LEAST 500 lumens.

More is of course...even better.

--Lual

Nashville, MIT and Robilade Thank this.
  9. Robilade

Robilade Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2022
    I was looking at one when I was at Wally World. I def was looking for one for my head light to help me see when sweeping out the trailers.

MIT Thanks this.
  10. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    How well does that light work? I could use something like that if it works well enough.

MIT and Nashville Thank this.
  11. Nashville

Nashville Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2022
    It's bright... Not blinding. Definitely worth the cost but ultimately I'd like something I could have fixed to the truck so it's always pointed in the right area,
    if that makes sense

MIT Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.