Newbie needs some help A.S.A.P.!!!!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dizzles, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Cynical Driver

Cynical Driver <strong>"Eternal Cynic"</strong>

Aug 27, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I've been seriously considering applying there myself... They have a terminal in the next city over (20 mile commute) and would be pretty convenient, but it's a small terminal, and I keep psyching myself out because of the whole "part-time till full-time" thing. I can't afford to only get a run every couple weeks, that's why I came to Roehl from Prince Transport.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jonny1

Jonny1 Medium Load Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I think you maybe right on the sponsorship thing, but in fine print it states that JB Hunt is not affiliated with any of the schools listed .... :biggrin_25523:

4. Dizzles

Dizzles Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Marietta, GA
    Yea I really want to get this ball rollin, get this year under my belt and see were it takes me, thanks for the info so far. I look forward to gettin behind the wheel full time and doin what I was suppose to do back in 2008!!!!

5. Cynical Driver

Cynical Driver <strong>"Eternal Cynic"</strong>

Aug 27, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Well, after the fiasco with SWIFT, I wouldn't want to be "affiliated" with a CDL "school" either :biggrin_25511:

Hey, life happens, just have to get back to the plan again... Most of us have been there.

6. Dizzles

Jan 8, 2011
    Marietta, GA
    Yea, if I can get in a program by Feb. that would be great. We'll see!

7. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Dizzles I would find something else to do. It is highly unlikely you will get a local gig, especially in your position. There is no way you will get home once a week or two weeks or even three weeks working over the road. Now the recruiters may lie to you to get you to orientation, because thats what they do to get paid but it is just that, A LIE! Unless you are totally fine with be going for 4-6 weeks at a time then do not bother wasting your time and money. I am not bashing big companies, this is just a fact! I don't want you wasting good money on this endeavor when it could be going to your baby. Trust me, it will end up costing you money.

8. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Yeah there is a way to get home once a week OTR. Maverick, mcelroy.

9. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Both of the companies I listed train newbies. Mav does not require a refresher. I think mcelroy will also train if you have a cdl a even if it is not recent. I would call both. That is a good area for both and both get drivers home on most weekends.

10. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Coca--Cola is huge in ATL.......

There must be a gazillion trucking outfits around there............

Keep looking, something will turn up !! ....Drivers quit, or are fired everyday !!

Use caution when dealing with craigslist !!

Good Luck !!

11. Dizzles

Jan 8, 2011
    Marietta, GA
    Sounds good, thanks alot!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.