Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Dirty Buzzard, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Bearsox

Bearsox Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think it is great that you are giving us honest input and having some of us see the realities of the company and the industry. One of the things I like about Roehl is that the contract is only for a year, whereas many other companies have longer contracts for the drivers they train. Swift, for example, has a 26 month contract! If the situation is that bad, I like to think that I can change companies after a year instead of 2+. And, from reading the boards, Roehl has a much better reputation that Swift or CR England. So this is why I hope to be in training with Roehl in a few months. I am very appreciative that you are telling us the information that you are so it won't be a surprise later.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rumandcoke123

rumandcoke123 Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2008
    everywhere, usa
    My goal is not just to warn you and others of "surprises". The real goal here is to wake up some people at Roehl and say "hey look at what is really going on here down at the ground level" My goal is not to have you or anybody else turn away from Roehl. Every company needs to keep a vigilant eye on everything going on around them. In my opinion Roehl has turned from a great company who worked hand in hand with its drivers to a beauracratic nightmare. I have seen DSR's reading this site at the Gary terminal and would find it hard to believe that marshfield would be any different. Maybe one of them will see thru the venting that I am doing and say what can we do to fix the problem. Might even someday see a poster with all there hands next to their ears saying we are listening.

4. Bearsox

Bearsox Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    I can understand your frustration. I have had a few similar experiences with places of employment going downhill. Why do you feel that things are going south at Roehl? Are they getting too big? What is the reason for the beaurcracy?

I hope that somebody who can make changes does read your concerns so that you can be as proud of your company as you once were.

5. rumandcoke123

rumandcoke123 Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2008
    everywhere, usa
    My opinion as to why things have gone downhill. Fear. This industry is very fluid and in order to be a good dispatcher you have to be able to make a decision. Now it may be a good or a bad decision, but sometimes it just has to be made. The planners have taken away the DSR's ability to make load decisions, Customer service has taken away the flexibility of the DSR's ability to make corrective decisions. Basically we as drivers lost a very important tool. That is our dispatchers flexibility to solve problems.

Examples:

Driver: I will be mt in 30 minutes anything on a preplan yet?

DSR: I will get with the planner

Driver: "Endures silence"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Driver: I am delivering at ABC company. recorded mesage at delivery. No live person to talk to. Do they have overnight parking available?

DSR: I will get with cust serv and let you know

Driver: "Endures silence"

6. Bearsox

Bearsox Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    I can see how that can be frustrating. When did they create the DSR position (as opposed to having a dispatcher)?

7. whiterock48

whiterock48 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2008
    alexander city, al
    Thanks for being easy on new guys!!
    I have some questions about rdtc, evoi,evoii.. I know it the cost for entry is 550.00 that covers permit, dr. Exam ect.. And i have to pay for
    food.. But the 60.oo per day is for evoi and 65.00 for evoii,
    my question is when do the evo's start... After you pass your cdl exam..
    Or is it after 3 weeks of on site traning???
    Thank you for any input

8. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    EVO training begins after your three weeks at RDTC. First, you be required to surrender your home state drivers license and get a Wisconsin CDL on your last day in Marshfield. Then you'll return home and transfer your CDL back to your state. Once that is done you'll notify the training department and fax them a copy of your license. Then you'll be set up with a trainer. Could be two days, could be a week. All depends on who they have available running around your area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.