Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by reaper1981, Oct 9, 2017.

1. reaper1981

reaper1981 Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Hello all... Passed my test for my permits... Now getting ready to practice at a school in Michigan and take my road test... Looking forward to driving and seeing our country...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Which school will you attend? Do you have any companies in mind to apply with?

4. reaper1981

Oct 9, 2017
    there's a school near me thats reasonably priced and they let you practice as much as you want til you both are confident that you will perform great on the road test. My father in law drives for a smaller company doing a dedicated from detroit to laredo and his boss is willing to hire me on to team drive with as a team...

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Seems like a good deal. It can be boring running the same route every day, but some people like the predictability. Hope it works out fine for you.
    If you have any problems, there's a free school in Detroit/Sterling Heights,MI you can consider. Use it as a backup plan.
    Our approved Detroit CDL Training Location:
    6500 15 Mile Rd | Sterling Heights, MI 48312
    www.stevenstransport.com (cut & paste)
    "Due to rapid growth for regional and dedicated drivers, Stevens Transport has partnered with US Truck Driving School to recruit and train our new drivers in Michigan. Since 1994, USTDS has been operating Michigan’s premiere CDL training center. Our strategic partnership allows new drivers the opportunity to take advantage of employer based training while earning their Commercial Drivers License. Once on the road, the graduates of the USTDS program earn up to $50,000 in their first year and $70,000 in their third year."
    [​IMG]
    This company runs coast to coast.

6. reaper1981

Oct 9, 2017
    thank you for the information I will keep it in mind

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    OK. Enjoy your new career and see the country. Trucking is a great career.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.