1. harleymanjax

harleymanjax Rookie Skateboarder

Dec 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    If you NEED to be home everynight this is the wrong job for you, for the first year your going to have to be gone all the time!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Raider Nation, NorCal
    Yeah, but there's a little truth in just about every jest. Not everyone is getting what they're owed and are having to fight for it tooth and nail, but you didn't hear that from me 'cause I don't need no stinkin' snipers looking for me on a lonely on-ramp in the boonies.

4. ric1jud

ric1jud Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Kingston, Ok
    This is not a good job for the insecure, the guy who believes in "all" the conspiracy theories, or the mental midget looking for an "EASY" button. The OTR lifestyle can be tiring, boring at times, lonesome at others, and uncomfortable many times. It's not without it's rewards also. Many of us work differently, but I don't know anyone that has a 9 to 5 driving job other than local delivery trucks and yard dogs who put and pull trailers all day long. I go out 8-12 weeks at a time and go home for 2-4 weeks. I could never get anything done at home with only a day or two at home.

5. Clovis_Eugene_Mudflap

Clovis_Eugene_Mudflap Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Atlanta, Ga.
    What do you mean the air force doesn't pay?
    They feed ya, cloth ya, provide housing... AND PAY YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When I was in the Navy I always had plenty of money to blow, and save.
    You might be able to get your CDL in the force as well and be better prepared to be a trucker when ya get out. And Veteran's benefits are a plus also.
    Think about it.:biggrin_2554:

6. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    yeah unless they started putting walmarts on those subs, he'd BETTER have 10k stashed away!

7. Clovis_Eugene_Mudflap

Clovis_Eugene_Mudflap Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Join the Navy...go into the air dept., which will just about guarantee you a "tour" on an aircraft carrier and a cruise thru the Mediterranean where ya might meet one of those chicks that don't shave their armpits or legs. I gotta admit, I don't miss them hairy women too much, but they were alright when I was away from home for a few years. Don't even ask me about the pigmy women!!:biggrin_255: Nowadays they have women and Wal-Marts on Carriers. Save half your pay and four years later, after the economy has either come back or gone to Hell, well , then ya decide to either stay in for four more or come out and do yore thang.
    Man, to be 17 again!!!!!!!:biggrin_25511:

8. lild1524

lild1524 Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Livingston, La
    Coonass, who do you work for?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.