Newbies, Anybody use this site?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by eddytude, Dec 4, 2010.

1. eddytude

eddytude Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2009
    lansdale. pa
    http://www.roadcareers.com/

Looks like some kind of third party recruiting site, they have an application online, might be a way to fill out one app and see what companies are interested.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Be careful filling out applications on anonymous websites. You are better off doing it individually on the companies websites.

4. trukngrl

trukngrl Lollipop, lollipop...

Mar 7, 2009
    Manchester, Ga
    I would agree with Chompi. You don't want to give out information on a site you know nothing about. It might take a little longer but you would be better off and safer if you go to individual websites to fill out an application

5. Rerun8963

Rerun8963 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee
    i have indeed seen many sites much like that one. what i found looking through the site was they do not ask you for your Social Security number, and this is GOOD, as you do not want that floating around cyber-space.

what that site is basically a generic employment gathering site in which perhaps a few trucking companies subscribe to. i'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts most of the 'usual" trucking companies subscribe to this site. and by the 'usual" companies, i mean the ones that are so very often spoken and discussed here on TTF.

one would really be better off NOT submitting to that site. but this is up to each individual person.

6. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    J.B. Hunt will still be calling you -----

10 Years from now !!!!!

7. trukngrl

trukngrl Lollipop, lollipop...

Mar 7, 2009
    Manchester, Ga
    Shoot they'll call 20 years from now. Those people don't know when to quit! :biggrin_25510:

8. zincman

zincman Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Eureka, SC
    I just took a look at this website. There's nothing really there. The BAREST of barebones information, and not even that.

Here are several concerns to me based on this quote directly from their home page, as well as a few other questions for thought.

"Road Careers collects applications for companies in need of truck drivers. Simply fill out an online application and your resume will be forwarded to the top trucking companies looking for drivers."

* Who are those companies?
    * How do I know my information won't get sent to some off-shoot company?
    * In looking at their application page, you will need to submit your CDL number on a non-secure server. This is not good. Great way to be a victim of identity theft.
    * How long has this entity's website been in business? Based on what I've been able to research on their domain name, they were started in October 2006, with a renewal in September 2010. That's not necessarily a problem, but it seems to me that they would have more information on their site.
    * Do they have an actual address, with city, state and ZIP?
    * What way do they communicate with you: email, phone, other?
    * What's their phone number?
    * Who works there? (I saw no names whatsoever.)
    * What about some testimonials? That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I would want to see what kinds of drivers they've placed and their relevant qualifications.

I'd probably steer clear, as there are too many unanswered questions.

Just my 2 cents worth...

How about some additional thoughts from some other drivers?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.