Night driving issues, sleepiness

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Anthony28, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Bang has a 2 cups coffe worth of caffeine plus b vitamins
    Caffeine is highly addictive and can cause sleep problems

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

If you need the extra vitamins (which most people don’t), then take a vitamins/minerals pill.

Caffeine being “highly addictive” is an exaggeration and inaccurate. Yes, caffeine can cause sleep problems if you consume it in a couple hours to bedtime. The same can likely be said about beta-alanine.

tscottme Thanks this.
  4. Mid-May Trucker

Oct 23, 2018
    The b vitamins combine with caffeine to make crazy energy

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Let's not bring vitamins into this too much.

I myself is chronically short on B vitamin itself when tested with full blood panel to see what I am short on inside my body by way of my diet. I keep a bottle of B vitamins and take it when I feel poorly to use a old word. There is also vitamin D which I constantly lose despite gallons of milk and other sources related to my bones and vitamin C.

Remember that vitamin B, and other terms like nician, riboflavian and so on are fairly recent invents of man dating to roughly the world war two era in which simple pill vitamins head off lossses among Society when people got sick from say Pellegra which is another very old word.

Pellegra in modern terms means you eat too much corn products in diet (Frucose anyone?) and it causes either skin problems, diahreea problems or even mental disturbances as your brain seeks nicotonic Acid which literally is Vitamin B itself as a precursor inside our body to produce same. If allowed or neglected rather, you become a mental ward inside a sanitarium written off. Which is why the invention of Vitamin B in the war years was such a salvation.

I am not a doctor. Do not pretend to be such. But try to reduce tomes of Medical babble to something anyone can understand when talking about why we take vitamin B for example or something else equally as simple.

Blue jeans Thanks this.
  6. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Oh, really? You’re joking, right? Anyway:

“There is no reliable evidence that other ingredients in energy drinks provide further benefits, even though the drinks are frequently advertised in a way that suggests they have unique benefits.[12][14] The dietary supplements in energy drinks may be purported to provide produce benefits, such as for vitamin B12,[12][15] but no claims of using supplements to enhance health in otherwise normal people have been verified scientifically. Various marketing organizations such as Red Bull and Monster have described energy drinks by saying their product "gives you wings",[16] is "scientifically formulated", or is a "killer energy brew".[12]Marketing of energy drinks has been particularly directed towards teenagers, with manufacturers sponsoring or advertising at extreme sports events and music concerts, and targeting a youthful audience through social media channels.[17]

Energy drink - Wikipedia (under “Uses” folder)

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Teenagers have brains that are overrun with two simple goals. For a few years anyway.

Its easy to troll kids who think they are tired. But unaware of their own strength and youth.

By the same token we should not serve red bull in nursing homes. They would get going and that would be the end of them when they are gone. /pun intended.

PE_T Thanks this.
  8. Mid-May Trucker

Oct 23, 2018
    Dont think you ever chugged a bang mate
    I drink two cup coffee nothing i drink bang something
    It doesnt give you energy it keeps you awake

9. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I’m sure it works. It’s apparently used as an athletic performance enhancement. Caffeine is also effective and has been very well researched for its safety, especially long term. Beta—alanine probably hasn’t been around for long.

“There is evidence that β-alanine supplementation can increase exercise and cognitive performance, but there is concern about lack of information about safety.[12][13][14][15]

“Ingestion of β-Alanine can cause paraesthesia, reported as a tingling sensation, in a dose-dependent fashion.[15]

β-Alanine - Wikipedia

10. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    The way you drink coffee is the way I do energy drinks. Spread them out over a 4-5 hour period while still drinking water normally alleviates the crash. Of course the problem is that the sugar in them keeps you drinking until the can is empty without a little discipline.

11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Too many treat this as something other than just a job.

Many say it is a 'lifestyle, not just a job'.
    Heck, being a waiter is also a lifestyle - but they don't harp on the motto like truckers do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.