Night Driving

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Sc0obyDoo, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Lav-25

Lav-25 Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Night driving for me is great, but i been doing it like that for years.
    Some issues at night though are visibilty ( sun out see alot more , not so much at night) , as far as trk and planning , if truck needs minor stuff ( fluids , lights , air ) then do it yourself, but most major stuff is day time stuff.
    I do fuel , so your more on your own and not so many chiefs watching and alot less driving hassles

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CalculatedRisk

CalculatedRisk Heavy Load Member

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    I am in the process of getting hired at Indian River. I have no experience and just went through the full PTDI program over at Sage down in Fort Pierce. They do take students but expect to wait right around 3 to 4 weeks is what I am been seeing. Every time I’ve called, someone has answered the phone and every time I leave a voicemail I get a call right back.

4. LeGendofSeven

LeGendofSeven Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2020
    I'm about to start a night shift with fuel hauling, it's 100x better because there's less traffic and less BS to deal with at stations

Woodys, Lav-25 and RockinChair Thank this.
  5. Sapphire_Glitter

Sapphire_Glitter Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2021

6. Sapphire_Glitter

Sapphire_Glitter Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2021
    The ones I called were the main line and the recruiting line and I could get an answer whatsoever from anyone, shop dispatch, safety I called every number and no one at IRT ever answered. It was a huge red flag and honestly couldn't see myself going there after that

855-478-8265

Redtwin Thanks this.
  7. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    How far upstate are you? Cumberland Farms is Hauling fuel at night and looks decent. 37 to start 50 after 40.

8. Woodys

Woodys Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Night shift turns fuel trucking from a headache into probably the easiest job in the industry. No lines at the rack, no butthead operators, minimal traffic, can easily get in and out of stations, and much less crazies coming within inches of your drop hoses haha.

LeGendofSeven and '88K100 Thank this.
  9. LeGendofSeven

LeGendofSeven Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2020
    yea only problem is I start at 2pm so my first load is always "hot". Other then that its ez

star

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.