No 10 yr work history

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Db-Ky, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Expeditor

Expeditor Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Very true, the carrier has the responsibility to verify, before the driver is hired. If you have gaps, you must show the gaps between employers, no bid deal, just tell them what you were doing, selling on ebay, going to school, fixing a truck to get it road ready, all will work as long as its true. Actually these are mine when I applied to Landstar, they didn't have a problem with any of it.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    This is the thing. The FMCSA does not require a verification per se on a gap. It is difficult to verify being a stay at home mother or father. In my case I did ask my moms doctor for a statement that I was in attendance with her on her appointments. Honestly I was only asked to make a statement to that effect and the carrier accepted it. This is not a major thing folks. be truthful about what you were doing. If you spent 6 months in 2017 rioting and protesting Trump then that was what you were doing. List it.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina

5. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Just call the recruiter of your choice and TELL THE TRUTH. If they say no....call another one. I work for a company, Britton Transport, who takes each hire on a case by case basis. And we do refreshers too for guys with outdated experience. Keep calling. You'll find something in no time as long as you are honest. If you lie, they will find out. Do not lie.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Saying I am a stay at home is MUCH easier than trying to say cover a trip to Afghanistan to a terrorist training camp.

So you don't work 10 years. Fine whatever. You stayed homemaker. Put that down and be happy. If the employer cannot be bothered with that fact then you might want to find another.

If I had to submit a 10 year today, it's going to be very simple "Medical Patient" and Caregiver. That should raise some eyebrows.

I can pack a emplyment history going back to before I graduated high school in the 80's but it has no value (And really some of it is pretty damning with one blacklisting and one failed orientation etc) beyond 10 years from today.

Im more than happy to get going as a basic newbie. 10 minutes of breaking rust in a 18 wheeler will show them I can drive. That's not the problem. A refresher on the HOS, that is not the problem. Now certain small things like driver facing cameras etc WILL be a problem. We will see.

LilRedRidingHood Thanks this.
  7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I am going to start spreading it around that you are a terrorist! :eek:

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That's ok. =) I terrify people sometimes.

Sometimes I wonder. Im pretty damaged upstairs. he he.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.