No CB. No Problem.

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Grandiego, Jul 4, 2008.

1. CMoore2004

CMoore2004 Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    I haven't tried saying a CB isn't VERY useful and there are times I wish I had mine on, but if you NEED to have yours on to avoid being in an accident, you're doing something wrong on the driving part. I believe I even posted an example where it would've been helpful, but wasn't necessary.

squirrellsgnwild Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Its not necessary to use turn signals either but they are another communication tool that can help prevent an accident. I have seen the light and will run with mine squelched down, putting up with the BS.

Sometimes no matter how safe you drive if you crest that hill and a car is stopped just over the top there is nothing you can do. Use all the tools at your disposal and Pray that they are enough.

panhandlepat and squirrellsgnwild Thank this.
  4. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    no cb no problem my BUTT!!
    thts why this JB driver sitting behind me today on I-20 came up and asked why we had been sitting still for 20 minutes. then i had to take 20 minutes to explain what we had been talking about on the CB.
    a pickup hauling about 6-8 small utility trailers wrecked scattering trailers and his truck all over the highway, it took an hour to get moving through on the shoulder

5. CMoore2004

CMoore2004 Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    I'm failing to see the problem. I'm sure 4-wheelers were sitting there clueless, too. Is the problem that he asked you?

6. Iwanttobeatrucker

Iwanttobeatrucker Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I guess I just dont understand people like Grandiego. I was an auto mechanic for 23 years, that was my trade and I bought whatever tools I needed to do a job properly and as efficiently as I could. It would seem that this is one tool that a trucker needs to do the same. I am getting ready to start school for driving and it will be the first thing that I buy. Other items that I concider important to have will be my laptop, either a GPS unit or software for my laptop w/GPS so I will always be able to find where I need to go, a good truckers atlas, a refrig., cause I dont plan on wasting all my money eating at truckstops every meal, my cell phone so that I can tall with my kids every night, a TV to kill time at stops, and last but not least, satilite radio, I am not going to want to try and find a new station every hour because I have gone out of broadcast range. The way I see it is that I am going to be doing a job, why not have the tools to do it right. Plus I am going to be spending more time in my truck than I do at my house and I want to be comfortable and safe.:biggrin_25516:

There now that I vented,...... Anyone have any comment on the Uniden PC78LTW ? I have been trying to research CBs and like what this one has to offer and its looks (green backlit). Plus I have been told that it is US made unlike the Cobra, which I believe is made in China. Does anyone know if this is true or have anything to say about this radio?:biggrin_25511:

thanks

7. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    had he had acb he could have gotten off at the previous xit and made his delivery on time. instead he was stuck there whining about the backup to me

8. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I have had it on and never heard a soul talking about an accident.

I have had it on and got in the proper lane to only see those without keep driving in the other lane and force their way in later.

I have had it on and because of all of the foul language turned it off. This happened more and more. Now it it off unless I see traffic backing up. Then I turn it on and wait to hear what is going on, then back off again.

9. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    You forgot about the people that key the mic and stick it on their speaker. That drives me crazy!!!:biggrin_2552:

10. thetez

thetez Medium Load Member

Jul 10, 2006
    oh yeah, gotta love the music... their really is a lot of b.s. on the radio, but it also does come in quite handy, anytime but rush hour its pretty reasonable anyway, you drive at night? its nice then.

11. steeleon1972

steeleon1972 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Manitowoc, WI
    I have probably save 50 hours in 4 years by having the C.B. on to avoid accident backups. That is 50 hours less of sitting in traffic and listening to crap on the radio, like people whining that they are going to be late.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.