No CDL? What Next?

Discussion in 'FFE Lisa American Eagle' started by Paintedblack, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Boka

Boka Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Paintedblack

Paintedblack Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2013
    I love that site, but some of it is out of date and you can't rely on it too heavily. Great site though, I'm glad Bret Aquila took his time and effort to make all that info available

4. Paintedblack

Feb 21, 2013
    I believe that information is for students from TEXAS only:

Qualifications:

• Texas Resident
    • Minimum 21 Years of Age
    • Good Driving Record
    • Verifiable Work History
    • Able to Pass Drug Screen and Physical Examination

5. amwilletts10

amwilletts10 Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Me too!! It gave me a real place to start!! It had companies on there that I had no idea were even training. And it does have Schneider who no longer has a school. So you have to sift through it, but I got so much good info from it!!!

6. Boka

Boka Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2012
    My bad, wasnt sure if you're from Texas or not... your best bet is to call them Monday again and ask if they meant Permit only or CDL.... Best of luck

7. Paintedblack

Feb 21, 2013
    TruckersTruth says this about FFE:

"To earn a CDL-A, FFE's Student Driver Academy only accepts students that are Texas residents. However, those who have a CDL-A but less than one year experience on the road can apply to FFE's 14 Day Refresher Course Program. This program accepts Recent CDL Grads from all over the country and it is designed for those wanting to get back on track with their driving careers."

8. amwilletts10

Dec 11, 2012
    Yup, there ya go. That usually means that their school can't or is unwilling to even deal w/ another states permit. I did find that with a few others. There was one from TX that required me to transfer my regular DL to a TX DL.... HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO DO THAT WITH OUT A RESIDENCE???? It was crazy, so I just crossed them off the list. I have to tell you... out of ALL of my research... Roehl seemed to be the best. It's a bit pricier to get into, meaning, more upfront costs. But I haven't heard anything bad about them. I didn't get to go with them because I didn't score high enough on their "survey." In my opinion... I answered according to being a "driver" not a company suck up... Keep that in mind should you take that survey!! But from what I hear, they treat their people awesome, and they have great home time. Good luck to ya!!!!

9. Paintedblack

Feb 21, 2013
    im trying to find a company that will allow me and my dog to go. already tried prime & central, but i had 3 year old ticket they denied me for and ffe said they would accept me.

yeah i think its an entire residency issue and thats a bunch of hurdles to jump thru. you gotta have a piece of mail that proves residency back to 1 year minimum. theres other ways to do it, but ive already jumped through those loopholes for other jobs and it's a mess and a pain in the butt to do, and also technically illegal in a kinda gray area. homeless people do it all the time in order to be eligible to apply for food stamps and job programs. some states even have programs just for my type of situation so that potential workers can get waivers that will allow them to automatically apply for residency. unfortunately,
    texas is a way different state and a bit conservative when it comes to job programs :( it's a shame because I'm a single guy with jus a dog and a pick-up truck and i would be completely happy to moving to Texas in order to get a job, live there peacefully, and pay my taxes and contribute to the place.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Does Raider Express in Ft. Worth, have their own CDL school?

11. amwilletts10

Dec 11, 2012
    Unfortunately, the only company that I know that does the pet thing is Crete... and you have to already have a CDL to go with them. So I'm not sure..... Let us know how it goes!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.