No charges Humbolt Bus Crash !?!?!?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Trailerdragger, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    If we're going to talk about immigrants can we make immigration contingent on whether or not they know to flush used toilet paper?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    After letting him go he said 'he didn't need a ticket to learn his lesson'. Probably took him 10 minutes to forget the 'lesson'.

Phantom Trucker and rank Thank this.
  4. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    If I had to guess I’d say the driver had a clean record and it paid off that day

tinytim Thanks this.
  5. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    If there's a line I usually let em all go, I hate being around other trucks. The idea I have is if a truck has been gaining on me for a while chances are they are going to pass me anyway. Last company I worked for had trucks at 110 which I found to be good so I didn't get globbed with the 100-105 crew.

tinytim and rank Thank this.
  6. Canadianhauler21

May 15, 2017
    There is nothing wrong that I see here. Many indians used to get their license through those licensing mills. 1 week boom you got your AZ with basically no skill in backing, cornering, weights etc. Even with Ontario's MELT program I know a guy who can "gaurantee" your AZ license if you know what I mean. As being basically Indian myself, I've noticed that they are super stubborn, selfish and don't really care about anyone but themselves. Basically the reason I stay well away from any east Indian company now.

7. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Nothing wrong? What!

Selfish and only care about themselves.....at least we agree on that. Just have look at the way they take up 3 to 5 parking spots and cut you off after they pass.

8. Canadianhauler21

May 15, 2017
    What I meant was that one guy claiming you might be racist for picking out east Indians. I find nothing wrong with picking them out because it's true. Many couldn't drive for their life.

rank Thanks this.
  9. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Me too. It's usually not that hard to stay out of the pack and at the end of the day it cost little time.

magoo68 and Canadianhauler21 Thank this.
  10. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I appreciate the objectivity. There is plenty of evidence there to support what we see every day. we just need to put the reverse racism aside and acknowledge it. I can’t however figure out how companies afford to insure these drivers.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    magoo68 Thanks this.
  11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Then it shafts guys like me who would love to get behind the wheel but can't afford to live a year or 2 off of the #### pay when starting out. All because of the high costs of insuring new drivers. I'm a firm believer that some people just aren't cut out for certain jobs and others just have a knack for it. The person, who after 2 or 3 weeks, can't figure out how to back up a trailer should find another line of work IMO. I mean 2 or 3 hours of practice is all it took for me to figure out how to put a trailer where I wanted it.

magoo68 and rank Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.