No Longer Give A ####

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by ttnae, Nov 7, 2023.

1. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Look at this ridiculous crap.

In my case, how much do I get if this load takes you 124 days to pay?

6 ways that you can incur "AUTO DEDUCTIONS"????? WTF has this industry gotten to. I can not change it alone but if we all stuck together, we could fix this.

3 hours free. So if you wait 3 hours at each end, you have to give up 6 hours for a single under paying load???? That is most of a business day! This is close to the most ridiculous rate confirmations sheets that I've seen.

Order Notes
    Detention: 3hrs free - Detention Applicable after 3hrs
    Tracking: Tracking must be accepted, initiated and kept on for the duration of trip. Failure to comply will result in a rate deduction.
    100% visibility throughout transit is a must.
    DRIVERS NOT RECEIVING THE MACROPOINT TEXT? CALL (855) 755-4400 AND PRESS OPTION 1. MACROPOINT IS
    MANDATORY FOR ALL LOADS. NO ACCESSORIALS WILL BE PAID WITHOUT MACROPOINT BEING ACCEPTED.
    Driver must provide PPE : High visibility, reflective vest or shirt
    Driver must provide PPE : No open toe shoes, sandals or flip flops.
    Driver must provide PPE : Pants, no shorts
    Driver must provide PPE : Shirt with sleeves
    Driver must provide PPE : Fine for non-compliance $300
    Auto tracking required : Tracking frequency: 30 mins
    Auto tracking required : $ 300 fine if not auto-tracked
    Auto tracking required : Not eligible for detention and layover if not tracked
    Notify RXO immediately of any issue that will delay delivery : $ 200 fine if RXO is not immediately notified of any issue that will delay
    delivery
    Pickup appointment required : Missed pickup appointment fine: $300
    Delivery appointment required : Missed delivery appointment: fine: $300
    POD : POD due 48 hrs ($300 fine)
    Driver and dispatcher are to follow policies and procedures outlined on the high value HVHR addendum

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    You mad about a load you didn't take?

m16ty, PPNLE, Oxbow and 6 others Thank this.
  4. PSM379

PSM379 Heavy Load Member

Apr 19, 2019
    Interesting, did a load for RXO month ago. I saw this in rate con told her I’m not doing it, crossed it out, they kept me on the load and paid in full. Issue is guys don’t stick up for themselves and say anything.

5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I would venture a guess that all of that has been added to the contracts over time because they had reasons to put it all in there. I doubt they woke up one day and decided to add all that.

6. M22 rockcrusher

M22 rockcrusher Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2020
    WHAT!! NO SHORTS FLIP-FLOPS AND NO MEISEL SHIRTS! I'M SNOT DOING IT.

7. Iamoverit

Iamoverit Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    I've seen many of these types of rate cons over the years and I've never agreed to any fees nor tracking. I edit them and let them know I didn't agree in the email when I returned them just so I had it in writing. Of course, they knew all this ahead of time because I always let them know during our initial phone conversation from the jump.

8. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Did you cross any of it out? Did you haul it? Did you tell them to pound sand?

9. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    LOLOLOLOL??? I actually look good in shorts.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  10. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Yes. Agreed but that doesn't make it necessary or . . . just. When you go through the trouble of buying a fleet of truck and someone tries to treat you like this??? Now I did hear your point but, conversely, if brokers didn't chase the bottom dollar, they wouldn't have to do this. As a top quality service provider, I look at this and say, nawww. You will not treat me like the numbskulls. We scratched it all out. They looked and agreed but this isn't trucking. Sorry, I love trucking.

Long FLD and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    OK, everyone here seems to be scratching out parts of the Ratecon they don’t like. OK. Since almost all the Large Brokerages gave this Language on each Ratecon. If it’s not on the Ratecon, it’s in the Contract.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.