No more flashing!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Keith48, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Lucky142

Lucky142 <strong>"Give A Hoot"</strong>

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA
    Yeah, ok, I won't get too loud about bright lights. Some really care and like me, on occasion, forget. Others need to be shot in the :biggrin_2552:light bulbs

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. curtislyn

curtislyn Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    Too many drivers busy with cell phone to reach over and flip the switch:biggrin_2559:

4. Lucky142

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA
    Hey, we all know that cell phones should be hands free if in use today.

No excuse, right?:biggrin_25523:

5. choctawblood09

choctawblood09 Bobtail Member

you got that right driver, no excuses at all. i cant stand to see somebody yappin on the phone while driving. driving like they dont have a clue as to what they are doing or where they are at.
    if you just gotta have that phone call,find somewhere safe to have it and not driving down the road or use hands free but just remember your first priority is to pay attention to what you are doing.
    And yup i always turn my lights off and then back on when another driver is passing me and has cleared me. if he does not blink blink flash flash me back i dont really give a toot toot.

6. Lucky142

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA
    Some of us will never change. Old school I think is the best school as long as one adapts to reality. Cell phone used while driving should be no more than a few seconds to get a message and then call back when safe.

Otherwise, hands free and again, pay attention to whats important; i.e. Safety First.

7. highirish

highirish Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Paducah, KY
    I also always wait until I see the driver look at me in the mirror to flash and usually only do it if he has a vehicle close on his tail and doesnt have the room to run out a good lenght. Seems like I always flash em at night. I also really like the feeling of being flashed back...it makes me smile a little.

8. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    I have a friend in Canada who once hit and ran over a moose struck by the vehicle in front of him. Said it was a wild ride... and he wound up with blood all over his cab and trailer (and a bit of damage to the cab). He now sports a nice moose bumper.

(Uhh... please ignore the flat guy perching on his bumper. It's a Flat Stanley thing... and we're having a blast with the little guy! LOL)

[​IMG]

9. curtislyn

curtislyn Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    I knew someone who it a cow...that was a mess.

10. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Somewhere, Arkansas

LOL...Your saddened that you where out for two weeks strait?? LOL...I apoligize, but that's child's play, hubby and I stay out a month at a time usally, this time, we have been out since May 22nd, but that is by choice, Hubby has been driving for 28 years, and before he met me, he stayed out here for 6 years strait, all he had was a P.O. Box, he had enough of that and drove locally for 3 years and that's when he met me, we have been together for four years now and we still only go home once a month, we have found out that you can't make any money wanting to be home every weekend unless you run creative logs....LOL
    :biggrin_25512:
    As for flashing trucks, we signal by turning our lights "OFF" then back "ON" night or day, and we always signal thank you when other driver signal us over, We hate it when people use brights to flash us, and sometimes hubby gives those lights back to the other truck, man those load lights come in handy (We pull a flatbed) when we don't have a tall load...LOL
    :biggrin_25522:

11. Twocycle

Twocycle <strong>Road Apple</strong>

Well, I for one am glad I won't have to worry about seeing you jerking up your shirt when I go past! All that flashing must be hard on your clothes.

If I tried to flash 76 guys in one day I probably would get reported!

Hey, Hey, Hey!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.