No more super singles?

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by double yellow, Nov 25, 2013.

1. mattbnr

mattbnr Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Tama,Iowa
    Where are you counting trucks at? I see multiple multiple trucks a day with SS on them and the trailers. Run i80 and you will see lots of them. SS are not designed for off road use but can perform if needed. They are mainly designed for highway interstate driving. Conway runs them, almost every bulk company runs them on both truck and trailer etc. so not sure where your counting but you need to branch out a little.

bergy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bergy

bergy Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2013

Counting trucks (highway only, not day cabs) in the Phoenix area, driving along the I-10. You of course see many more trucks than me. I took the time to count because I was hoping they had caught on more - I was rooting for at least 5%.

4. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    This dude sounds like me at one of my first jobs doin security at the Louisville zoo.

Count the gingers!!!!

....the zoo....the place to be when hunting firecrotch. Long live mumpkin and the mumpkin society lol ....that job was tarded xD good times. Horrible pay.

5. frankgh

frankgh Medium Load Member

Oct 8, 2013
    NW Florida
    Las Vegas to Santa Rosa nm on I40 today. I saw one tractor with SS drives, no trailers.

6. Rocky64

Rocky64 Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Greater Chattanooga
    Our grandfathers and grandmothers and the ones before them are the last real problem solvers. Since that generation, we only know how to cut costs and solve problems that are really only in our minds. If wide based tires were the way to go, your grandfather would have used them.

7. russtrucker

russtrucker Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Central PA
    if those tire blowout, difficult steering compared to dually.

8. frankgh

frankgh Medium Load Member

Oct 8, 2013
    NW Florida
    Why completely disregard innovation? You argument doesn't make sense to me. It sounds quaint but if it were the case, why didn't they use cell phones? Because they weren't invented yet...

mattbnr Thanks this.
  9. mattbnr

Aug 19, 2010
    Tama,Iowa
    Didn't make sense to me either. The technology didn't exist to make them.

10. Rocky64

Rocky64 Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Greater Chattanooga

Your position requires cell phones to be a necessity.

I don't completely disregard innovation. I'm a consumer of technology. Duel tires was an innovation at one time.

Just because something can be done cheaper, does not mean that it should be. The cheapest way would be not to do it at all.

My position is... The greatest generation that ever was did things and had a mindset that I'm truly thankful for.

11. mattbnr

Aug 19, 2010
    Tama,Iowa
    Your posts confuse me. Sorry. What are you trying to get at exactly?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.