No New Trainees? Till when?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Liahos, Apr 30, 2020.

1. infox

infox Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2019
    I was told for Phoenix, it wasnt going to be ATLEAST until June until they opened back up. I know Swift is still hiring and training.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Roehl is ALWAYS hiring.
    Very high turnover , very very high turnover. I was there for about a month. I lasted 2 more weeks than I should have. I should have told my dispatcher the first time we are done your fired route me back. That place is terrible.

DrFlush and Liahos Thank this.
  4. Liahos

Liahos Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Chinatown,
    Thank you for all the references. To answer your question, no I do not live in Atlanta. I live in Birmingham, Alabama, but I have many friends whom I can go visit and stay with in Atlanta. My training with Schneider dry van OTR division was to begin in Atlanta on Tuesday. But they have put a hold on it and said it may take a month or more before they restart. Originally I was to begin back in late March with their tanker division. That was a five week training /orientation in Houston. That got messed up because some Alabama state DMV clerk had failed to key in my Hazmat and tanker endorsements so they did not appear on my MVR. As I was settling that matter with the DMV, the governor closed all offices. Schneider said they can wait until my state DMV fixes that problem. But I was not willing to take a chance and wait for what might have been months. That is when I requested a transfer to dry van OTR division. Schneider agreed and put me in for training at Atlanta starting April 20 ... but then they called and said due to COVID social distancing they have reduced the class sizes and staggered the batches, so my number fell on May 5th ... so now even that has been put on hold. Well, this was the background.
    Now, as per your advice, I'll go to Atlanta next week and physically walk in and check out some of the outfits there.
    Thank you again.

5. Liahos

Liahos Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Wow ... I assume you mean Schneider (Phoenix) won't reopen new hiring until after June? In that case I'm surely going to try and find one of the other carriers to accommodate me. Thanx for the insight ...

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You don't have to go to Atlanta. Those companies hire Birmingham drivers.
    Most don't have terminals in Atlanta or Birmingham, but they hire drivers from there.
    Do the online applications from their websites, then someone at the company will contact you.
    That's the best way to do that.
    Since you live in Birmingham, I can probably find some more companies.
    ~
    B & G Supply CO., Inc. - Albertville Alabama - Trucking ...
    Bngsupply.com
    ~
    Truck Driving School Graduate - Wiley Sanders
    https://www.Wileysanders.com/entry-level-drivers
    Wiley Sanders has entry level openings for CDL drivers with less than 6 months’ experience who’ve graduated from truck driver school.
    ~
    HO Wolding Trucking Services (terminal in Birmingham)
    https://www.Howolding.com
    ~
    deBoer Transportation Inc - Full Service Transportation ...
    https://Deboertrans.com
    ~
    USA Truck - Capacity Solutions
    www.Usa-truck.com

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    dwells40 Thanks this.
  7. Liahos

Liahos Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Wow, man... this is fantastic ... I never found this information through normal channels ... I think you might just have solved my problem ... BTW, I like the Wil Durant quote ... I love his amazing books ... giving you the Vulcan salute ... Live Long and Prosper ...

born&raisedintheusa and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Liahos Thanks this.
  9. infox

infox Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2019
    Yup, Schneider. I was told exactly the same as you. I was originally scheduled to start orientation on April 21, had the hotel confirmed and everything. They called about 4 days before and said it was bumped until may 12th, the next day they said it was going to be sometime in June.

Liahos Thanks this.
  10. Deadbeat Dad

Deadbeat Dad Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2020
    You might want to re-think about signing on with Schneider.

This company is notorious about religiously paying its’ drivers as little as possible.
    They have very methodically and very cleverly worked out a complicated pay system that is designed to compensate its’ drivers solely in the company’s favor, not you as the driver.

Bottom line; if you drive for Schneider (even with the company running at full capacity and you with years of driving experience) your income will average about $700.00-$850.00 per week, and then there’s taxes and insurance taken out from this.....and that’s to work upwards of 7 days a week, and to live in the truck.

This driving job pays so little that it is easily replaced. Also, check out the real deal about Schneider on other forms of social media, as well as talking to real drivers at truck stops... from a respectable distance, of course; get yourself as well rounded of a company ‘portfolio’ as possible.
    Move on.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    Liahos and dwells40 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.