No one gives a CRAP

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by MercuryLine, Dec 20, 2019.

1. MercuryLine

MercuryLine Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    We are in a time crunch. Our PU Appt was at 7:30PM (DH of 135 miles) with Del at 5AM next day 350 miles away. We get to PU and the shipper says, "we won't load you until 12 AM". We ask why (there are no trucks on the premises) and they reply, "We will be taking our break". We tell them, "We won't be able to deliver on time because we will run out of HOS". They don't care.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD?! Ah...what am I saying? WELCOME TO THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY FOLKS!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    PS: This is about TYSON NC

4. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    You delivering to another Tyson?

5. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    No, and I am not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing

6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Pick up the phone and call ur dispatcher and let them know. It can all be rescheduled. As its the shippers fault. Get u some detention time as well . dont stress the little things like that cuz it happens alot unfortunatly. Roll with the punches get delivered n move on to thr next load. Take note of this shipper ur at and put them on what i call the "#### you list". Dont accept anymore loads there. Unfortunatly that list can get kind of long after awhile. A dang shame if u ask me.good luck and be safe driver.

7. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    Called. Got detention. But HATE to be late. And they are definitely on my #### list :)

MrEd, Badmon and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    But you weren't late...you were at PU by scheduled time. How long it takes them to load you
    is on them, not you. You called, got delivery rescheduled to a different time, got paid to wait and rest,
    Seems like a win. You use "we"...are you a team? Do teams run out of HOS?
    Unless you meant you were late on the Rescheduled appt time?

9. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    The broker didn't promise to reschedule but said he would try. No we are not a team but I use "We" because its my dad and I. I handle back office and he handles the driving. Hoping to get my CDL soon too. Definitely a team, but not as in driving team :)

10. INRUT

INRUT Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2016
    I assume this is today, what time did dad start clock today? How many hrs did he drive today ? What time did you get load ? Where is it picking up & delivering? Where were you at when you got dispatched on load ?

D.Tibbitt and MercuryLine Thank this.
  11. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    We booked the load this AM as he was going to SB to get 10 hours and all time back. The clock started at 5 PM ET. He was 135 miles away and arrived at PU at 7:27. His clock will run out at 7 AM ET. The load delivers at 5 AM ET. Lets say they really start loading at 12 AM (7 hours after the clock started) and it takes them 2 hours as they said (2 AM)- he cannot drive 350 miles 3 hours. He will be late. It will take him close to 6 hours in the mountainous road. He would arrive by 8 am but the hour before, his clock goes KAPUT.

INRUT Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.