No one gives a CRAP

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by MercuryLine, Dec 20, 2019.

1. MercuryLine

MercuryLine Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    The best he can do after all this is take a split SB 8/2 at 7 AM and deliver at 3 PM or so.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    The Receiver has a problem, caused by the Shipper. I’m sure it’s not the first time.

4. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    Agreed. I think its getting to me because this would be the first time we are late. I get that this will happen over and over again in the future (you cant control everything and everyone), but the first time is always a bummer. You live, you learn, you move on.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We have run out of HOS as a team a couple of times. Getting hours back is usually recap next midnight for the two of us last 9 days so not really a problem.

However thats why we were a team, one of our jobs is to intercept late solos and take away their loads and run it in fast. The Truck gets there when it gets there.

As far as the morning delivery, contact dispatch and tell them due to Shipper's "We are on break" and nothing is going to happen until after midnight you are going to be late with that original morning delivery.

Keep a small black school book, write that shipper into it. I call that my black list. If anything I will never be back at that shipper again by choice. They can fire me next time I refuse a dispatch to that shipper, I will not be back period. (The refusing part is not difficult. Tell them that we have a history with that shipper and I am not welcome there. And that usually kills the situation before it goes any further without having to drag out all the dirty laundry)

Some shippers I know the load is arleady going to be late and tell dispatch when getting the trip information that we are going to be late on this one. Might as well put off the delivery until we finally get loaded sometime the next day. They don't listen to me and we still got loaded the next day. (12 to 30 hour wait, if not more) I always make sure I tell that dispatcher that is exactly what I said will happen. we are finally loaded. Next time they listen to me.

Its trucking. No big deal until someone makes it a big deal. And thats really easy to do.

MercuryLine Thanks this.
  6. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    Agree with every word. Definitely not our fault- we did everything we were supposed to. This shipper is most definitely on my blacklist- never going back to them again.

Rideandrepair and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Always call ahead no matter what the broker says or has on the rate con. Sounds like you’re picking up at a kill plant. When they say that they are taking a break. They have to stop and clean the production line. It may take 2-4 hrs.
    If you have a load picking up at a Tyson dc most of the time you can go in at any time. Last dc load I had was a 10 pm appointment,I checked in at 9 am and was rolling by 2pm.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am not too familiar with chicken plants however my majority of my time is associated with Beef Plants ranging from Dumas Tx, Garden City KS and over to Fort Collins CO along with a small number in California on route 99 in the valley and another near Plainview Texas.

Usually a several day wait for a custom cut to order load. They kill thousands and eventually come up with 550 or so boxes on the floor when it's time for you to get the bills and get going. Yer already late. I never worry about the waiting, that is the time to clear out and build up the HOS and get really really rested. We will be rolling coal soon enough.

My last one was out of Liberal KS to Sysco in Pokomoke City Maryland. I particularly enjoyed that run what it was particularly fast without problems that week. The truck had just been shopped over a few days in Batesville and she was just almost impossible to keep under control running against the governor that trip at 72. Kept trying for 80. If you are going to have a load that will keep your memory warm and happy in your sunset years, that would be one of the few.

The delivery that morning into sysco was really fast that morning. I pulled into the bullpen at about 11Pm the night before (A group of trees on southern end of property) and called in at 7 am and was empty by 830 am. With something like 7 hours to lay around Ocean City and kill time off US 50. Fortunately I had family up there so that may have had something to do with it.

MercuryLine Thanks this.
  9. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Some lates are caused by the shipper. Too bad it wastes your time, though.

Rideandrepair and MercuryLine Thank this.
  10. dosgatos

dosgatos Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    You're the dispatch. You could have confirmed shipper/receiver service hours.
    You sent your dad into a black hole. Your dad took your word.
    Used to be when I went to a shipper and had to wait until shift change, I'd blame (forced) dispatch for not checking things out. Now I self dispatch so I call to confirm hours of operation and cut off times.
    Not the shippers fault you bought a piece of paper.

88228822, clausland and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  11. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    Yeah, maybe you are right. You live, you learn, you move on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.