no oversize permit

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by no dollars, Feb 24, 2013.

1. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Used to live in Northern Virginia and hauled OD/OS all the time, if I would ever be able to identify your truck and know your were boot legging I would roll you like a bad habit.

truckfam Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    Remember guys don't believe everything you read on the internet.:biggrin_255:

Sometimes I wonder if half the blowhards on this site are 12 year old kids staying up to late on their moms computer.

aiwiron and SHC Thank this.
  4. THEPRIZEFIGHTER

THEPRIZEFIGHTER Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Dayton, OH
    I have never run CA oversize before, but I would be surprised if every city you ran through required separate permits. I know I've run quite a few OD loads and only occasionally did the permit department issue a city/county permit.

5. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    I think you're right. Heard a guy on the radio one day bragging about stealing fuel from Swift and Werner drivers at night. Pissed a bunch of drivers off and they were promising the moron a can of whup@$$ if they ever caught him. Personally, I think he just talked a bunch of smack to get a rise out of drivers.

Now you got some "Hero" thats bragging about bootlegging oversized loads. That tells you several things.

1. Ol Hero cant afford a $30 permit without hurting his bottom line.
    2. His truck is easy to spot. You've seen it before. Got 6 different brands of tires and 3 different sizes, $25 beacon light that plugs into the cigarette lighter and held to his driver's side mirror with a bungee, fenders held together with rivets and duct tape.
    3. Hero isnt pulling any freight that any of you would pull, and he dont run more than 25 miles from the house.

MJ1657, truckfam and SHC Thank this.
  6. Cummins_444

Cummins_444 Medium Load Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Northwest, IN
    Whats wrong with the $25 beacon light that plugs into the cigarette lighter?

Freightlinerbob Thanks this.
  7. The Admiral

The Admiral Heavy Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Akron,Ohio
    Sorry I do not agree with your mentality. Maybe you should start calling the "Man" every time you get passed by a speeder ,why stop at snitching out the heavy haulers,go for the gusto. Maybe we can get you a junior FBI badge.

8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Its not the beacon light, its the improper use of a bungee.

SHC and Freightlinerbob Thank this.
  9. Guntoter

Guntoter Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ

I read your post and decided to think of a city in San Diego, Riverside, Orange, Los Angeles, or Santa Barbara Counties that dont issue permits for oversize loads. There are over 100 cities in those counties and I cant think of one that doesnt require a city permit. Obviously every state highway you need one, every county road in all of those counties require one.

Prizefighter, ask yourself why very few truck drivers want to go to California. If you dont know something (which you admitted) about a certain type of trucking in a certain place, dont make yourself look ignorant by commenting about how much you know about how it should be or probably is. Arguing oversize transportation rules/regs/and laws in California with a guy who has been doing it non-stop for 23 years makes no sense when you admit you've never done it.

10. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I've had to get Os permits for San Bernidino, Los Angeles, Compton and Riverside before. No idea why, but they required it for local loading or unloading if any of the route takes you off the interstate or state maintained highways. the one in San Bernadino was only $5 and good for a week.

the one place i know for sure you need one is in Wilmighton, CA as well haul a lot of OS out of a terminal there and the local PD was stopping trucks and writting fines for no OS permit. Now LS makes you buy the local permit if you haul out of there regardless

aiwiron Thanks this.
  11. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    I could care less what you think, but being a heavy hauler myself those that boot leg and cut corners makes it ten time harder on legal haulers, speeders are not my problem. Sad part is people like you hide behind computers and would never say things like you did to anyone's face.

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.