No power to fuse panel

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by LupusDacicus, Feb 12, 2017.

1. LupusDacicus

LupusDacicus Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I have some 1999 Freightliner (Century Class) electrical problems that got worse. I have no power to the fuse panel. I tried to start the engine (DD 60 series). It cranked a few times, but did not start; after that I lost all power to dash and to ignition key switch. I went to the battery box and checked the wires, connectors and fuses there. Everything seemed ok. Voltage was fine too ( 12.4V). I opened the cover to the fuse panel and noticed there is no power coming to the fuses. The voltage on the four wire lug posts reads 5.4V on the BATT lug, 0V on the ISO and the IGN lugs, 5.1V on the ACC lug. If I bring a 12 V wire and connect it to the BATT lug, would I be able to start the engine and drive the truck to a Freightliner repair shop ? I don't know how to rebuild the wiring under the fuse panel.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. habfleet

habfleet Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2012
    elwood nj
    Check and be sure you dont have a broken battery lug in the battery box grab the cables and check. If not go to starter and look for fried wire or ground

LupusDacicus Thanks this.
  4. LupusDacicus

LupusDacicus Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2014
    The batteries and their lugs are fine. So is the starter. I suspect that the problem is under the fuse panel. I had smoke come out of there sometime ago. Plus I have an issue with the windshield glue on there and sometimes some water gets in there. I need to figure it out how to access the wires underneath the fuse panel that come to it. Maybe there is a fuse there, burnt or loose wires, maybe a voltage cut off device, since I do have 5V coming on two wires. The SurePower device on the back of the passenger seat in the right side wall gets 5V and outputs 0.5V.

5. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    outside the cab on the passager side under the plastic that holds the wipers is a cab power stud very possible this cable is broke or loose check this first

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  6. cwyoung99

cwyoung99 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2010
    I have the same problem with my T600 did you figure out what happened ?

7. Ron53

Ron53 Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2019
    Hi my name is ron i have a 2013 / 388 pete i have no cab power truck was working fine i shut it off lastnight and nothing this morning can u help mw

8. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Are your batteries possibly drained not supper familiar with that Pete to be able to tell u were to go with it just make sure to check all batteries are tight

9. jere johnson

jere johnson Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2019
    yes you hook jumper from battery in truck to batt lug it will run I did 700 miles that way

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.