No restrooms for drivers

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by StrayDawg, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Hamburger71

Hamburger71 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2014
    North Carolina
    I used one earlier today. There was no TP in the men's.

Sorry ladies. I cleaned up after myself.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Phantom389

Phantom389 Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2019
    I know it's a very old thread but. Your a truck driver that was contracted to provide a service. Haul freight. therefore your a contractor which has rights under OSHA. Employers or site supervisors are required to provide onsite restrooms for employees and or contractors that are on site. Not providing facilities is both a health hazard and safety hazard. Cant wrap your head on that one. SAFTY HAZARD = you really need a restroom so you start rushing to move Equipment your not paying attention to anything but trying to get to a restroom y
    And you end up running over the guy walking in front of your truck. Or you pull out the dock door before your supposed to and a person falls off the back of your trailer.
    HEALTH HAZARD = you use the parking lot as a restroom well enough said on that.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Some truckers through no fault of their own when they maneuver into a stall there is going to be one hell of a hazmat issue very shortly today.

I remember making a snide comment that I could clean Martin Marietta's Bathrooms once a month and it will have nothing on them the whole time.

Another coworker said yea, thats why the staff only eats three day old doughnuts and granola bars instead of real food like you truckers eat. They don't have time to cook. But sure as well have the salary to hire someone to cook. It's easier than you think.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.