No tarp flatbed

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by pilot trucker, Mar 27, 2016.

1. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    My statement is a generalization. Kinda like cars have rubber tires. But somewhere out there, someone is running around with wooden wheels on theirs.

KF7WTV Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Peelsession

Peelsession Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Sioux City, IA
  4. J_D_Boss_Hawg

J_D_Boss_Hawg Light Load Member

May 25, 2015
    Mebane nc
    I never mind tarping that much. Now trying to roll them up in KS or TX wind is a different story...

KF7WTV Thanks this.
  5. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I didn't real all of this but I have learned one thing about tarping.....ask detailed questions about dimensions so that when you catch a broker playing dumb or fibbing....you can call them when arriving to load....and say yea that will be another 200 bucks dick! And them be prepared to leave.

I mean I enjoy tarping but if you send me out to tarp a 4'h x 10' long load and it is 6 or 8' tall and 20' long.....you will pay one way or the other!

KF7WTV, old iron and Lepton1 Thank this.
  6. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Those tall skinny loads that require tarps suck! And brokers will lie lie lie about dimensions and they play dumb.

I ask a lot of questions now and save the emails....tarping those ^^ from now on, for me anyways, is going to be an additional 200 period.

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    "Gee, why should we pay you a $200 tarp charge when that guy over there that lives in his truck and has no bills will do it for free?"

:rolleyes:

8. Mattflat362

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I have gotten that a few times along with wow you get $x.xx per mile!?

I just say hey I am not the right set up for everyone thanks for trying me though and have a nice day!

9. DeadArmadillo

DeadArmadillo Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    If I get pulled over for a DOT inspection and they find my helper bunged down under the tarp, does my DAC get dinged..........I can't find anything in the reg's.

10. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

He can have it.

I'l be honest,.. unless its really simple,.. I dont like tarping. I have tarped some large ridiculous loads. Cant say that I enjoyed it.

When I call on a load to find out what it is and whats involved. I always add $200 for tarping to what ever my base rate would be for the mileage.

If they dont want to pay then I treat it like anything else thats too cheap to haul.

Rates are what they are because people are hauling it for that rate. I'm still around because I have learned what I need in order to keep my head above water.

Probably why I dont tarp much anymore. A coil here and there,.. thats been it.

Hurst

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    Lepton1 and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  11. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    I might just throw my tarps back on the shelf in the shed, that way I won't do something crazy and book a load that needs them.

I spend entirely too much time cussing when I take a tarp load. And it always seems I tarp when it's hotter than hell out too.

V c2c, KF7WTV, cnsper and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.