No Touch Freight, is it really

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Big Sgt, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Big Sgt

Big Sgt Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Dover,DE
    Looking at all the treads here and no one has really touch on "No touch Freight" is it all that it is cracked up to be? Is there such a thing? Inquiring newbie's want to know

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ssbowles

ssbowles Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    High Desert,CA
    Yep, no touch freight is just that...you don't touch it. You back into the dock, take your paperwork inside, and they unload you. When they finish, you leave.
    The vast majority of shippers/consignees don't want you on their dock or in their warehouse, mainly for insurance reasons.

4. Big Sgt

Big Sgt Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Dover,DE
    So if that is the case, then nothing is out of pocket? meaning from yourself or does the company your haul for takes care of the bill?

5. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    The only time there's loading/unloading fees is if there's a lumper involved. Those are mostly just at grocery warehouses and your company will either have a charge account set up with them or issue a ComCheck to you for the fee. If you work for an o/o or a small fleet, you may have to pay out of pocket and be reimbursed.

6. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    No touch can also be a lot of drops and hooks.

7. Big Sgt

Big Sgt Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Dover,DE
    Its tough to choose with stevens or trans am. I don't hear much about TA on here, or I maybe in the wrong place; So tell me which in your professional opinion you would go with?

8. Ike

Ike Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Trans Am, just my choice. less negative posted, which ,means they're either not bad, or their drivers are to busy runnin' to B****.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.