no training use common sense

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by ford06, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    LOL! You call what these new guys get today as training? Shaking head and rolling eyes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LWT104

LWT104 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Around the corner
    I agree with this totally. I grew up almost the same way. I'm only a second gen trucker. My grandpa was a machinist, not a truck driver. My passion for trucks has been in me since I was single digits age. If I can't fix the problem with the truck, I'm always right there with the mechanic watching what he does, and talking about it, eager to learn and help, also, to me, oversecurement, is a must. The minimum isn't enough.

4. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I can't help but notice... Several posts in this thread saying "I didn't get any training" then same poster says new drivers are getting substandard training.... Well substandard is still better than none. I'm sorry but that is completely contradictory.

5. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    One problem with substandard training is that it creates a false sense of security. People who think that they know what they are doing.

It also helps the idiots get onto the road where they might not otherwise have been able to do so.

cke, LWT104 and johndeere4020 Thank this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    For flatbed work having a basic understanding of physics goes a long way as well. If one doesn’t have that, then he’ll have a tough road ahead of him.

7. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I agree especially since I've done a bit of flatbed my self

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Training begins at home with the parents. If a person did not receive any home training, any other training received is substandard.

The biggest problem with people today (in the States) is they have never received proper training. Whenever you go to a restaurant and a family there has their children screaming and acting out in public, that’s a sign of no home training. Train your kids at home and they won’t act out in public. What a wonderful world it would be.

The very first lesson in life we are supposed to learn from our parents, before we ever go to school: Sit down, shut up, and pay attention. If we’ve learned this at an early age, we will have no problems doing most jobs in trucking.

“What is SUBSTANDARD TRAINING, Six?”

Every student is different. Every student learns at a different rate. Even those of us that were thrown to the wolves. Some of us carry more scars than others because we didn’t pick up survival skills as quickly. No problem. We survived, and got the wolf pelts to show for it. Us slow learners have a few more stories to tell.

Anyways, to be a Teacher, one must be able to explain things in a way that the student can understand. If the student is diligent yet just can’t grasp the concept, the teacher is the one that failed. Before you teach, you should have mastered your craft to the point to where you can explain it in a way for just about any student to understand. Is that the way it goes in trucking?

cke and Tug Toy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.