Non experienced position

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by Drpparker95, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Hello guys i have an interview coming up with waste management as a non experienced cdl driver. I have a month otr and three months with pepsi sound like a good fit

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

4. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Does 4 months experience 3 of which was a local delivery job sound like a good fit for non experienced residental driver

5. Blackshack46

No experience is good for non experienced resi driver.

Driving a trash truck is driving second, trash picking and customer service representative first. Its a relatively easy job and you will probably love it. The constant exercise, the daily route, but no day is the same. You very well may start on the back of the truck for a couple weeks or months and then they will cycle you into driving. Everybody has to earn it on the back of the truck first. If you are slinging first, just stick with it. the first week or two, you will use your body in ways you never have before. It will get easier. The same goes for the driving and slinging, just stick with it and speed and precision will come with time.

I worked for Republic and Id be lying if i said it wasn't the best job i ever had aside from being a farm hand. If the pay was better, id still be doing it.

Good luck!

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  6. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    I interview Tuesday morning with waste management any advice

7. Blackshack46

As i dont know WM, from my interview years ago with Republic. They will care about safety, customer service, doing the right thing. As a driver you are the captain of the ship, and you also have helpers under you. Just be proactive in the fact that you are a leader. And can handle things without baby sitting.

8. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    So be sure to stress safety, my customer service experience from pepsi and also that i ran a route by myself without babysitting

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  9. Blackshack46

Yes sir, the manager who did my interview, he threw some scenarios at me about what would i do in such and such situation. The kicker was the situations were trash related, but common sense. They measure hoe long it takes to respond and what you respond with.

It helped me greatly that i was recently...like 6 months recently outta the service and i still had that follow orders mentality, but i can still fix your f up.

Just be relaxed, respond to questions and ask them questions with confidence.

10. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Any other advice man im desperate for a local job and running out of options. Im calling us foods tomorrow morning to check on the application process since i interviewed last week with them

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  11. Blackshack46

Sorry bud, i have no other advice i can think of except to tell myself its bedtime. Lol. Just be yourself, be confident, and use common sense. Dont over complicate answers either.

If i think of anything else, ill post tomorrow.
    G'night!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.